DNI help needed

I'm moving down there in two weeks. I don't have a job lined up yet, but I want to have all of my paperwork in order should I need to apply for a DNI. My question is this: I understand that the FBI criminal background check is basically void if you get it prior to your departure from the states. Should I get my background check the day before I leave, or should I wait until I arrive in Argentina before I get it? I don't want to go through the hassle only to find that it is worthless since I haven't left quite yet. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

gov link
try this mate it may help but it is a nightmare
best of luck

Your criminal record from the States or anywhere else is valid for 3 months from the date of issue. If you don't have to go to big cities, the best for immigration is Salta: no wait for initial application appointment, in 3 months DNI is delivered to your home.

Hi,

I strongly recommend you start getting the FBI stuff done and apostilled before coming over. It's a pain to get it done from here by mail and more expensive.

Good luck!

Hy Abel i work in Migrations issues, the FBI clearance is valid for three months, but if you came to Argentina and you wont get back to USA it will valid.

In other hand, for your residence you will need a job and they will make to you a work contract.

Good Bye

I had read that the background check is valid for 90 days, but is void in Argentina if I had gotten it prior to my departure (in case I committed a crime after I got the background check done). That's why I was going to wait until the last minute to get it done. For those of you with a DNI, what do you recommend I do? It looks like you guys suggest I get it prior to my departure. As far as getting a job, I just wanted to have all of my paperwork started so as to speed along the process if and when I found a job. I would much prefer getting an "en blanco" job when I get down there. Speaking of which, I'll be arriving in Buenos Aires December 12th. I'll be living in Palermo Soho. If anyone wants to grab a beer, hit me up. Thanks for your feedback guys!