How to get married in Russia ?

Hi Friends,

I am an Indian presently living in Bangalore,India.
My girl friend lives in Rybinsk,Russia and we are planning to get married. Our Plan is to get married in Russia. With great difficulty we had managed to convince our family for this wedding.

We are finding it difficult to get precise details about the process in Russia. We need to know all the details related to VISA and the necessary documents. Myself and my girl friend have gone through many websites related to VISA, but we are still confused about the process. We are very much confused on the below mentioned points:

1.Do I need to have job in Russia to get married to a Russian Resident.
2.How long should I stay in Russia for getting married?
3.Work Permit Visa / Temporary Resident Visa - Details
4.Is it allowed to search and find a job in Russia with a TOURIST VISA?

Please Help Us. We just want to get married and we do not want just the processes stopping us.

Please add your comments.

Hello ramsamstien,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I hope your queries will be answered soon.

Best of luck,
Melissa

Hi,

Yes. i understand you...all roulés change ni Russia...often

So this is my answer about my experience :

1/ no ! No need to have job for be married you will understand why after...
2/ lol... Just time of weeding ...one week can be ok or one day...but you have to do administratives asking and 3 months between each meeting...so some short trip can be enought
3/ when you will be married, you will ask temporary resident visa (5 months for obtain after lot of medical test) and after this 5 months you can ask right to work legally in city where you live in Russia.
4/ you can come with touristiqur visa for ask to be married and find job... All is possible...

If your goal is to live with your wife, mo need to be married... Find job here with touristique visa..and then compagny of you new job will legally your status in Russia.
To be married is alternative solution, but longer and little bit difficult sometimes,

Hope to help you

Arnaud

Hello, ramsamstien!

1,2. I think, that the best way of finding answer for that question is to ask registry office clerks (ZAGS employees). You should to choose specific registry office where you plan to get married and then your girlfriend can ask them about needed documents.
3. About matter number 3 I haven't any useful information. Think that this question you can clarify by mail or telephone conversation with Russian embassy.
4. As far as I know, the answer is "no". With tourist visa you can't officialy get a job.

Hope your and your girlfriend's plans will implement soon :-)