Visiting bogota

Gringo visiting Bogota , how do I prevent Taxi ripp off ?

Maybe learning some spanish and not applying bad attitude next time you would like to ask for advice or help "Please" and "Thanks" is a great way to start and end. also when you refer to yourself Gringo is a very old fashion word as we all know how to refer to expats. American, British, etc.

My good advice is if you don't really understand the language try to not get to boozy then take the wrong taxi.
in two years living in this country I never have a bad experience with any taxi even taking then a late night with my British husband.

(There are lots of honest people working as a taxi driver that also risk they lifes just to bring food at home).

kind regards.

WalkerMoon wrote:

Gringo visiting Bogota , how do I prevent Taxi ripp off ?

hey Hows going? im spanish living in Bogota, well in everytaxi you can find the price in the small paper on the back sit. so you can see how much it is. its really too easy, but advise, always check the numberof the taxy which is in everywhere. in fron in the rear in the door. well I hope you have a nice holidays here or well i dont know if you planning to live here if so, you can add me to my msn. [email protected] maybe we can meet for a pint. take car and good luck.

You're unlikely to have an unlucky experience.  The taxi drivers are trustworthy and you will find their service good value.  Don't forget to try the other transport options otherwise you haven't had the mobility experience:- walking, Transmilenio, cycling and the colectivos/corriente mini buses.