Will I manage with around 700 euros?

Hello!

I was offered a job with the net salary of around 700 euros. And now I am looking for a place to stay and I am really wondering if this money is ok:) Help anyone?
Thanks.

Short answer: Considering that you are from eastern Europe, assuming you are single, not expecting luxury, I think you will.
I.e. if you don't expect or want a job offer from further west (Austria,UK) it is OK to start with. (Its a personal opinion, so look at my CV to see my experiences)
It is not upper class, but still more than most people make in Budapest.
If I would not want to save money, I would manage to eat out in modest places many times a week from that salary (as I don't like to cook).
Szöcske can tell you exactly, how it relates to IT/engineering salaries.
A university researcher with a phd takes home around 140-170k p.m. (so, they try to earn some more money if they have kids)

As I wrote on similar threads (for different amounts), the spending power would be comparable to 1400 eur in Berlin or 1600 in Vienna. But that depends on your lifestile, e.g. car and such (petrol is expensive here afaik).
I think a small flat in a quite reasonable location can be had for around 50-80k p.month, but look into that.(s. www.ingatlan.com , but prices are without heating etc.)

ReAlism wrote:

Hello!

I was offered a job with the net salary of around 700 euros. And now I am looking for a place to stay and I am really wondering if this money is ok:) Help anyone?
Thanks.

If it's netto, you will be fine. If it's brutto, then you won't.

Hello...I am sure you will find this sufficient..A bit tight but you can find places to rent on line which will allow you to live reasonably on 700 a month...I guess you have checked on the rates .

Thank you guys! I already did move to Budapest as I decided to try that:) And so far I am doing really good, since I found a great flat at a really cool location, nice flatmates, the job is fine and I think that everything that you wrote was just right:) Thanks to everyone and happy Halloween:):)

Great to hear you are settled in and having a happy time..Happy Halloween too.

Yay, another expat:-) happy ... all souls, I guess.