Has anyone bought things online from overseas?

Hi I intend to buy a MacBook battery from aliexpress. It has free delivery to Vietnam on EMS.
But will I be charged custom duties ?
Does anyone has any experience buying things from overseas and mailed to Vietnam ?
How long it takes normally from hong kong ?

I bought many things from aliexpress.
But normally, i just buy watches, dresses, bags. The seller send it to me like a gifts. So it doesnt cost any tax.
How long does it takes for shipping. Its up to which way of shipping you choose. If DHL or EMSL - around 2 weeks. If HKong
China post - around 4 weeks

You will have to pay Import tax & VAT for non-commercial goods which is over 50USD (approximately 1,000,000VND). 

If u choose to ship by air courier like TNT, DHL, UPS,.. the transit time is 2 days. You can receive goods after paying Imp tax (if any) and finish customs clearance. The carrier will inform u right the goods reach VN.

It's possible to send by Post but it may take weeks and goods can easily be lost.

In case you arent sure how to do, there are agents which help purchasing, paying freight and receiving goods safely. You just need to tell them what u want to buy, from which supplier or sites and wait. However, they will charge u for their service so cost will be higher than other ways.

Save courier fees, forget your DHL, TNT, UPS, etc. - JNE of Singapore < www.jneintl.com/jne_network.html > have some neat solutions AND reduced costs!

They even have live body couriers that fly into countries with 'personal' baggage that actually contains clients freight. And when were you last hit with duty flying in to VN?

They even cover the EU.

Used them for years - they started in 1990. The nearest counter is at the rear counter on the extreme rear left in the Main Post office.

Hi Win,

Happy to help fellow comrade. I am coming over this Friday. Happy to grab one from Sim Lim and pass over to you. Let me know you want original or china made. PM me also can.

We can arrange to collect near Cho Ben Thanh where I will be staying.

Michael.

Thanks to all for the advices and kind offers. I got the same info from a friend in DHL too, custom duties will be imposed for anything above USD50.  Since the battery cost less than that, I will just try out online purchase. Will update all once I get the shipment.