Sweet boring weekend... looking for activities !!!

The weekend is here... and although it is a welcome break from the daily office routine, I almost dread it... just coz lack of activities.
So, any suggestions or plans that any of you wud like to share just for the weekend ? I'm looking for any outdoor, indoor activities... maybe events in the compound... ??

bowling???

Hi everyone,

Iam very new to this blog and still an expat to be in Riyadh soonand live in London right now. I have been reading just a lot about this subject ''Bored''.
With all my respect to everyone, we are all bored one way or an other in any country we are (even in London)...gosh and I did live in soooo many countries...so my point is why people are making a big deal about what to do about their lives in Riyadh...everyone has a different lifestyle and lets face it we dont do ''something exiting'' every week end some ''.... what matters if I may suggest is that you have friends or family or just ''CHILLAX''

K for kite wrote:

Hi everyone,

Iam very new to this blog and still an expat to be in Riyadh soonand live in London right now. I have been reading just a lot about this subject ''Bored''.
With all my respect to everyone, we are all bored one way or an other in any country we are (even in London)...gosh and I did live in soooo many countries...so my point is why people are making a big deal about what to do about their lives in Riyadh...everyone has a different lifestyle and lets face it we dont do ''something exiting'' every week end some ''.... what matters if I may suggest is that you have friends or family or just ''CHILLAX''

Easy to judge if you've never lived in Saudia. I'll be more interested in your observations after you've been here a few months, esp. if you're coming on your own ;)

Alliecat wrote:

Easy to judge if you've never lived in Saudia. I'll be more interested in your observations after you've been here a few months, esp. if you're coming on your own ;)

Change your mindset! I mean, how hard can it be? It might take you a few years and by the time you're done, the contract will be over as well. :)

Bruckner wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Change your mindset! I mean, how hard can it be? It might take you a few years and by the time you're done, the contract will be over as well. :)

Are you a guy?

Alliecat wrote:

Are you a guy?

That's too personal.

Bruckner wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Are you a guy?

That's too personal.

Too personal?  :rolleyes:

Bruckner wrote:

'A few years'? You must be kidding. We don't have years and years in our lives.

@TLL

Of course I'm kidding. I have to work on my ironic comments. :|

Was 'too personal' ironic, too?

Alliecat wrote:

To clear* things out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8

*except the Kentucky part

@Allicat...well no Iam not coming on my own but with a pair of very entertaining clowns....not that they make me laugh all the time, but they do make me busy and quite dizzy...

Alliecat wrote:
K for kite wrote:

Hi everyone,

@Allicat...well no Iam not coming on my own but with a pair of very entertaining clowns....not that they make me laugh all the time, but they do make me busy and quite dizzy...

Bruckner wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

To clear* things out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8

*except the Kentucky part

Sorry, I don't watch youtube clips referred to me in this forum.

K for kite wrote:

Entertaining clowns?  Now you've got me curious! :D

Alliecat wrote:

You should add that to your signature but I bet you don't take advices from strangers.

Bruckner wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

You should add that to your signature but I bet you don't take advices from strangers.

I'd reply but that would be too personal :lol:

thanks guys for your help... FYI... just had the same old boring weekend in riyadh :(

Alliecat wrote:

I'd reply but that would be too personal :lol:

Wise decision.

shoaib629 wrote:

thanks guys for your help... FYI... just had the same old boring weekend in riyadh :(

Maybe you're not doing enough to cure the boredom.

Alliecat wrote:
K for kite wrote:

My kidssssssssssssssssssss:/

K for kite wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
K for kite wrote:

Well, it could have been your hubby and one child :lol:  So thanks for clearing that up! :D

Alliecat wrote:
K for kite wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Well, it could have been your hubby and one child :lol:  So thanks for clearing that up! :D

Ohhh no my hus is already there and he is the circus keeper...building the tent for us out there to start the show :)

K for kite wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
K for kite wrote:

Ohhh no my hus is already there and he is the circus keeper...building the tent for us out there to start the show :)

And I will be the ''money'' collector just in case you will be wondering what will be my job.....;)

@K  and somehow, I think the money spender, too ;)

Alliecat wrote:
K for kite wrote:

Hi everyone,

I second that!

Alliecat wrote:

@K  and somehow, I think the money spender, too ;)

And I guess i wouldnt be ''Bored''....clever

hi everyone ,does anybody know exat locations of these parks asiarooms.com/en/travel-guide/saudi-arabia/riyadh/riyadh-parks-and-gardens/index.html

muslima1 wrote:

hi everyone ,does anybody know exat locations of these parks asiarooms.com/en/travel-guide/saudi-arabia/riyadh/riyadh-parks-and-gardens/index.html

Exactly wt  are you looking?

khuramluck wrote:
muslima1 wrote:

Exactly wt  are you looking?

Directions for Al Douh,Al Fouta,Al Shaeeb parks Chamber of Commerce park ,Rawdat alTenhat

Alliecat wrote:

On my own, been here two months, still not bored ...

lol, definitely not bored of living in Saudi, but there have been moments of boredom... often cured by going out and doing something, even if it's shopping, playing pool, swimming or watching a movie. Failing that, sleeping works a charm too haha

harryKSA wrote:

On my own, been here two months, still not bored ...

Well, aren't you special? :P

My mummy says I'm "special" too.... so do all the kids at school.... but they say I'm "special needs"...

I wonder why...?

Riding on that short bus, are ya, TT?

How did you know?! Were you there as well? :P

No, I was on the regular bus, looked out the window and saw *you*! :P

LIES! SLANDER! Oh wait, I don't know what either of those words mean... :(

Alliecat wrote:

Well, aren't you special? :P

I like to think so.

Others may disagree.

anyone have been in thoose parks ?