Security and food in Congo

how is life security in congo ? how anout indian food

Hello yogesh_durge.

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created from your post in the Democratic Republic of Congo forum.

Can you please tell us more about yourself? :)

Hope you will soon get some feedbacks.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hie! Life security in DRC is cool despite some rumours,suspicions and failed threats by some isolated greedy individuals just like many other African states.

You got to be in it, to understand it, myself I'm 2.5yrs in Congo without problem.
Hearing about it is different from seeing it yourself.

There is a lot of opportunities for goal-getters like you.

Try it,Honestly.

Mada.P

Hello Mada,

Thanks very much for your post.

It is very motivating and making me excited.

But on a no-clue basis, i have been offered for a salary of USD 2000 (Company offers Accoodation (Fully Furnished), Transportation and with maid.

Is it enough for my stay in Gombe.

They are not offering me any food allowance wherein i need to buy all my food necessities and other accessories and it also goes in my USD 2000.

Will i be able to survive with this salary in Gombe.

Regards,

Ganesh. V

Hey Aur,

How necessary is French in Gombe, Kinshasa.

I haven't learned french yet and i'm reaching kinshasa by 1st june.

How quick can i learn french and is there any online resource where i can learn french in 40 days.

Regards,

Ganesh. V

Hie! I'm not sure about Gombe,Kinshasa, I'm in lubumbashi  and sometimes in kolwezi,

How ever, check the orientation of the company you are going for if it is angophone or francophone,pole around are so accommodative,

For me French is the most difficult Lang. to learn.

With $2000 and accommodation, yes you can manage depending on your social class.

Hope u're answered.
Mada.P

Not too bad