Health insurance

Hi, I'm a newbie here so forgive me if the answers to my questions are somewhere else in the forum. I'll get to the point. I'll be settling down with my Chinese fiance in Baise, southern China in October this year. Obviously we will marry, sometime in 2013. My question is how do expats who have begun a new life in China get by with health insurance? I've done quotes online and been given figures of $6000+ AUD per annum, surely there must be another way. If I was working I realise that the company may foot the bill etc. I am not working, I'm retired at 58 and very healthy. What did you do to get cheaper health insurance and where did it come from..... What company? Is in fact $6000 a good quote and I'm just not looking at things with my eyes wide open here. Will marriage to a local help my health insurance querries? I'll be very interested and very thankful to see what expats have done in China with regards to their health insurance if not working

Hello sharps777.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You can consult our partner for a free quote : Expatriate health insurance in China.

Hope you will soon get some responses.

Thank you,
Aurélie

[Moderated: no free ads pls]