Expat blog gatherings in Sofia

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Sofia Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Sofia: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Sofia. ;)

Best,

Julien

[moderated: off topic +  post in the classifieds]

Hello everyone!

My name is Svetla.

I am Bulgarian, however I am also American
I would suggest meeting in Sofia or Vistosha on 4th of July for a picnic and to discuss issues that Americans might be facing in Bulgaria.

Hi!
How are you?
Big question for you! What is the most frequently visited place in Sofia by Americans?
I need to know that I can create friends, meet future business partners, or just have a conversation in English!
I might also be of help with cultural differences, ideas, etc.
That might help Americans feel a little better being In my country! After all I was born there and I can help with plenty!
Regards and chears from Chicago . For now!
P.S.
I will be back home on November 5th, so I would like that information about the places frequented by Americans, in Sofia ,if possible ? Thank you!

I'm fully in for an Expat.com gathering in Sofia! I'd love to take part in such a meeting and will also gladly help organizing it. It would be great to meet people in real life.
I am Bulgarian and I speak English and Dutch, have lived in NL for a couple of years, so I used to be an expat there.

Greetings,
Anelia

Hi Anelia,
I have a question!
I do I do if I can not find my Egene nomer?
I am going to have to renew all my paperwork, I found my old Bulgarian passport but not my Egene nomer!
Do you know what I have to do?
I am glad to meet you!
Svetla

Hi Svetla,

You have to go to the municipality or City Council and there they might be able to find it. I guess with your passport they will have to be able to find out what your EGN is. It shouldn't be a problem. No need to renew your paperwork.
Good luck!
If you need help, you can always contact me.
Anelia

Do you have an address for the City Counsel?

sofia.bg/

I need valuable up to date information about things that are going on in Bulgaria.
Address of the city counsel
Address of the most popular Place where Americans meet other Americans
Club frequented by Americans
City or town filled with English and American foreigners in Bulgaria!
Why is it so hard to answer such simple questions?

I'd also be happy to participate in actually meeting some people.

Svetlanik different Americans will have different interests and so will meet each other in different ways. Most of the Americans I know don't set out to particularly meet other Americans, they're open to meeting all kinds of people.

Hello!
I was not making suggestions of where people have to meet!
I was actually asking where people meet?
You weren't paying attention!
Are you even in Bulgaria right now?

I was asking about my country!!!!!!

Svetlanik I know that you were not making suggestions of where people need to meet. I was just pointing out that there is no "most popular place" where Americans meet other Americans which is what you asked for. For example I know many Americans who are into watching sports. Some of them go to sports bars and might meet people there. But then there are loads of other Americans who couldn't care less about watching sports and would never go to those places. Americans are not all the same.

And yes, I was paying attention and yes I'm in Sofia.

Hi!
But my question is where do Americans meet?
I need to know this ! I can not be of any help, if I do not have a straight answer!
What are the most frequently visited places in Bulgaria?
Bulgaria Sofia is my birthplace!
I know the people there, and their customs, but I also know, that there are not Millions of Americans in Bulgaria. You are a minority in my country.
So, where do Americans meet to hang out in Sofia?

I would have loved to visit but we are out of Sofia til mid of November. But i guess these meetings should happen frequently and regularly.

Just moved to Sofia and although my partner speaks good English it would be nice to speak to proper English speakers lol. Also be good to network and meet new people and maybe make a good enough contact to get some work lol.

What is so Funny?
I do not see anything funny in what you said!
Making fun of speaking proper English is not cool!
Have a nice day!

So because I decided a light hearted response was easier to break the ice you assume I'm being insulting? Maybe you ought to relax a little and take a chill pill, before assuming the worst in people. I was actually saying that as good as my partners English is, it is always nice to speak to a person whose first language is English, so that they understand you easier and there are no misunderstandings, I guess that is not always the case.

Hi all,

Peace guys, don't forget that the title of the thread is "Expat.com gatherings in Sofia". ;)

Thank you,
David

Hi David!
Of course we will have peace.
I would like to meet some people when I get home(Bulgaria)
Peace

To anyoneone one this site i sugstestes u learn bulgarian, i learnt in one year and have no promlems.Learn the languaguage and culture and u will have no probs. Dont expect people to accomodate u, Dont be ignorant,make the effort.    P.S. Sorry for spelling,i am malko drunk, chuiw us preatale,dobrenosh,Carl.

What has the last posting got to do with the theme of this thread which is possible gatherings????

But I do think you had better work on your english spelling.
hxx

Hello,

I did post about regular meetings at the British Embassy for British people, but it got moderated and removed -- I have no idea why.

So here I go and try again.

Maybe it's a little niche, but I thought many people are doing business here or are interested in doing business here. These are business network meetings our third one will be in November. There are other networks (e.g.CEO club / internations) that may be more suitable, especially the latter.

Unlike the others mentioned, it's free -- there is no payment involved (but you buy your own drink).

As for bars, JJ Murphy's is still quite a popular expat place in Sofia and probably the best place to start.

Hope this helps a little

all the best