Cost of living for a couple in the North East.

Hi I was looking for some help as me and my girlfriend are wanting to move out together, but are having trouble finding info on living costs that aren't either uk averages or focussed on families or London. We live in the north east, specifically newcastle, and just want to know if anyone could give us a good idea of what we'd expect to be paying a month for rent, electricity, gas, council tax, water, internet and tv license. Not food or anything like that we can figure that out ourselves. We would be looking to spend no more than £400 on rent. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hello MaxLees666.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Hope other members will be able to give you some informations on cost of living.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Like I said in my original post I'm not interested in anything concerning london as it is a lot more expensive than the north east

Not sure how accurate this is, but here is a site that offers cost of living rates for different cities, including Newcastle.  At least it is a place to start, hope it helps!

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=United+Kingdom&city=Newcastle+Upon+Tyne&displayCurrency=GBP

Yeah ive looked at that. But as i say thats averages so doesnt really help

I am not sure what else to recommend unless you contact the flats you are interested in and ask if they can tell you.  It would be really difficult to know the exact amount as sq footage, insulation, window glazing, your personal use, etc are going to make differences in how much you actually are charged. 

Good luck to you!

Well I just want to know the average costs of bills for 2 people really. It doesn't have to be too specific.