Considering working in Jeddah

Hello. I may have the opportunity to work at King Faisal Hospital in Jeddah as a Respiratory Therapist. Has anyone here have experience working at this hospital? As an American would I feel safe there? Housing is provided for me, does anyone know what it's like? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

When I came here, I didn't know what to expect; I half thought the Saudis would be anti-American.  But you know what?  I've never met anybody here who expressed that sentiment. 

In fact--and you're gonna laugh--I've had lots of Saudis confess to me that they'd love to visit the US and ... VEGAS!!!  I enjoy asking them what they plan to do there :lol:

Well, thats good to know! I really have no idea what to expect. I know I'll have it easier being a man! How are the restaurants? Are there many Americans in Jeddah? How are the beaches?

In addition to the beaches, you'll find other places to explore.  Also, there are lots of restaurants here.  As an American, some will be very familiar to you.  Check out the online restaurant guide, Jeddahfood.com.

There are many nationalities represented here, and you'll generally find people to be friendly.  Jeddah isn't as restrictive as some of the other major Saudi cities; however, you're still expected to follow the laws/respect the culture. Read up on KSA for the do's and don'ts of living here.

BTW, I agree with Alliecat. The Saudis I've met like "Amreeka" and feel there's a strong relationship between their country and the US.

Plenty of Western Nurses in Jeddah.  You will be fine.
Met two at a party last Thursday and already know one. 
We are having diner this week and they will bring along another nurse from Florida like me.

i worked previously in  KFSH&RC  in riyadh  good environment plenty americans canadians from all over   i dont  know about jeddah  to be honest what i know is that  senior official dr linjawi  if he is still holding that position is a unique hard working person a very open minded man   i would encourage you to do your research more and if anything you need  feel free to pm   me and BTW  im native saudi that loves the states im relocating  to newark next august if things goes smoothly :)