Americans living in Kharkov

Hello everyone, I recently spent 3 weeks on vacation in Kharkov where i can say i met the love of my life! I know watch out for scammers! We knew each other prior to me going there and have continued constant contact since i have arrived home. We would like to get married some day but both realize that timing is everything. She has 2 years yet to finish her university degree and it is important for her and for me that she does do this. I have a good life in the states but find it difficult to consider to be away from her for so long so i have considered to move to Kharkov for now to be closer to her. She does encourage this however we both consider how the adjustment will be for me. I am not a fluent Russian speaker and i know that i will become better as i am there however does anyone here have any ideas of places to work that i could work until my Russian becomes better? I realize this is a tall order to ask but I thought i would put myself out there and do some research with a trusted group to see if i am crazy or if it is possible to achieve.
So if anyone has any help and advice you can lend me i would apprecieate it. Even if you want to tell me i lost my mind all feedback is apprecieated!
Thanks,
Philip

Congratulations with love! I would suggest you tell us first what you can do and what you want/like to do.

Well I currently work in construction but in the past I have been in sales and customer service. I am good with  computers and have knowledge with most windows programs. I am also good with people and can adjust to almost any environment. I have to say that I am best when I work in a hands on environment.
I hope this is a little more information that is useful.
Thanks
Philip

Hmmm... I do not have many options on mind anyway. I would suggest to find as many expats in Kharkov as possible and to talk to them. Till then the most easy source of income for you must be English lessons. The better your Russian the more options you will get.

Hi Phil4518, happy to hear you had a nice time in Kharkov. It really is a beautiful city! :) GreyKyiv is right. Teaching English is probably the easiest way for you to find work at this moment. Most Americans here are either advanced programmer/tech people or English teachers. You could also read thru the Kharkov Expats facebook page... you might find other opportunities posted there. Good luck!

OMG that's all I can say. You're living USA for a Ukrainian Girl?? wow good luck with that.
I hope it's genuine. otherwise just know you are her passport into America. :cool:

OMG!!! Really people here talk like that?? Well I appreciate your feedback however the topic of this post is that I am moving to the Ukraine. She doesn't really like the idea of moving that is why I am! So before you comment you should fully understand what it is that you are reading before you judge!
And if I am her passport to America then I am a grown man and I can decide if she has any motives without a complete stranger forming an opinion for me.
But hey OMG thanks for looking out for me.

[Moderated]