Information about living in Odessa

I am looking for current information, on living in Odessa.
Should a local resident or expat in that city read my post then I appreciate hearing from you.

I am considering moving to Odessa for work, and have the following questions:

1. If I wish to live in a green, natural and quite area (border of the city) - how difficult is it to get into the city centre during rush-hour? Are streets congested or can one manage? Is a car a necessity or a comfort?
2. Which district would be most favourable, when seeking something with an authentic feel - the last thing I want is a gated community.
2. How safe is it to live remote (border of the city), is burglary common?
3. I would be bringing with me our Labrador Retriever dog - is this a problem in Odessa, or Ukraine? Are there many stray-dogs? How do Ukrainians perceive dogs as domestic pets?

I very much appreciate any insight, over and above and would be happy to meet with those who reply, when in Odessa.

Thank you, Raoul

Hi! I am native Ukrainian, two month ago I moved to Sweden. The city where I lived all my life almost is Odessa( omg how much I miss it and wish to come again).
The centre of Odessa is always entertainment part.

Here are the answers to your questions:
1. If you wish to live in the border of the city, you will hate the time in the morning to wait 2-3 hours in a traffic jam, because of historical situation of catacombs in Odessa, there no metro and we always have problems with traffic at the mornings and evenings. Specially at winter time- it's a lot of accidents, all people in a rush and drive damn crazy...

As about living in a green area : it's enother question, as example to live somewhere close to the beach area.. Some places like that too far from centre, some not... Street with name prospect Shevchenko is very green, clean, close to the beach and close to the centre (15 min to drive with a car), 30 min with a bus ( yellow buses we call marshrutka ,,bogdan,, check pics of it in google). The buses are so small  and so full that sometimes to kiss Smbds ass with your face in such buses, sometimes you stay on one leg and sweating as pig. Of course the best way is to drive own car.  The streets are congested.

2. The favorable district would be in my view Primorskoy  and Malinovskiy , never choose Syvorovskiy because there crimes all the time and many poor angry people live there, I was living in that area, so I know what I am talking about. It's not cheap to rent an apartment, Odessa has European prices and not European quality)))) but always work the system the faster you choose the place, the faster u have chance to get it.

How safe is to live remote... In the most of areas, but in the centre of the city ( Primorskoy district) is the best for foreign people because in cafés as Irish pub u can meet many new foreign friends( Deribasovskaya street). Crimes mostly happen at night, almost never happens in a day time . What's more the burglary is common at clubs... Smbd can steal phone or wallet or gold jewellery))

3. People adore dogs in Odessa, they can shit anywhere hehe and none don't clean long after this.. I would advice to choose apartment at prospect Shevchenko, there is a big park where your dog will be happy and nice fresh air near the beach for you)))

Yes we have many stray-dogs too , but in Odessa they try to care of them, catching them and cleaning, then they are free... Also same story with cats.. In centre so many homeless cats omg.... Labrador is very common dog in Odessa!

Every Ukrainian is very different from another Ukrainian, it's like some people care good about pets ,some don't. Most people are open-minded because its international city, 134 nationalities are living in Odessa.

Enjoy your time, if need any help - always welcome