Young female moving to Bahrain!

Am in the final stages of being offered a job at the Bahrain Teachers College and may be moving to Bahrain!
I am a young Irish female and was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice - is Bahrain safe? Whats the college like? etc

Hi Lisa12 & In Advance Welcome to Bahrain :)

I would suggest you have a look at the forum for similar posts and responses related to safety in Bahrain.

In general terms, I would say that its safe in Bahrain.

Troubled areas are confined and somehow away from Expat's communities.

About the college; I don't have any information about it and hope other members can assist in this regard.

Cheers

Hi Lisa,

I have also recently just moved to Bahrain and as a young female i find it very safe. I have only been here for about ten days and the people are really welcoming and friendly.
Also not sure about the college but hopefully you can get some info on their website.

Hope it helps.

Hi Lisa12 and megsvn and welcome to Expat.com!

Francesca :)

hi lisa,

welcome to bahrain, and if you need anything just hit me and will help u as much as i can,
for the college i guess "Bahrain Polytechnic" will be so good for you. as there system relate between uk and NZ.

about safty.. dont worry about it

Ammar

@ Lisa12,
The question you are asking about safety has been asked quite a few times in the past and VidoDido and others have answered the questions to reassure the newcomers to Bahrain. Please do have a look at previous posts in the forum and I'm sure it will put your mind at ease.
I Hope others can advise you with regards to your question about Bahrain Teachers college. In the meantime, I'm sure Bahrain and others look forward to seeing and welcoming you to this small island :D

@megsvn - Welcome to Expat.com and Bahrain. Hope you will enjoy your stay here. :D

Jaz

[Moderated]

Hi,

I'm also looking for information about Bahrain teachers college (salary, teaching load, work atmosphere, etc..). Is it safe to live and work in Bahrain? What are the residential areas near BTC?

Thanks...

Hi!
Though I'd leave a little message. I am new to Bahrain my children & I have been here since the end on march and although we do see some trouble starting when driving past some villages I have to say I feel fine here it's not what the press make out, infact before we moved here I was worried like you are esp with having two young kids but it's not like I imagined it would be! It's a lovely place and I'm loving the sunshine. Xx

Thanks for the reply, Hannahmack2012. The recent threads on 'safety' seems positive...I guess it also depends on where we chose to live. Still looking for more information about Bahrain teachers college...Can anyone suggest the residential areas close to BTC?

Yes it is , no problem only on the small villages ...the best is to registered on the facebook with british embassy in baharin and they will update everybody

its in  isa town areaand  they  tel number is  0097317873290
on the map
http://maps.google.com.bh/maps?hl=ar&q= … a=N&tab=wl

most welcome to bahrain 

if u like to find flat
expatriates.com/classifieds/bhr/housingavailable

Hi

We moved here late last year ... and have found it a safe and very friendly place to live.

[Moderated: Please recommand into Bahrain Business directory]

Kind regards,
Michelle