WORKING IN DENMARK

Hi all ,

I have started this post for the people who are looking to come to denmark to find work and for the people those who wish to help by guiding all.
Please share your experiences 

Thanks

suraj

help me as well to find a job in denmark

Hi all,
I am planning to come to denmark on green card scheme. Iam into IT industry and have an experience 2 years as Java developer. Would like to know about the job opportunities in this field. would be very thankful if some of you can take time and reply.

Regards,
Meenakshi

Hi Meenakshi,

Arhus is the best place for you to work as IT engg. WHen did you applied for green card and from where?

suraj

Hi
i am prem from punjab and plan to move to denmark. i am from  Pharmacy background and currently working as a lecturer in phahrmacy college from last 1.5 yr. please tell me about job scope there in denmark.Rply at [email protected]

Hi

My name is mohammed pasha i am an mba finance working in a mnc company as a financial analyst having 6+ years of experience in accounts and i am having 2 yrs exp in dubai as a accountant. I have applied for denmark for green card could you please guide me about the job condition and cost of living. please reply to my email id [email protected]

Hi
Job market is tight as told to me also

HI Suraj,
I am an Indian resident, willing to settle in Denmark...Can you please guide me as to how do I apply for a green card?
I am an HR professional working since past 5 years...also willing to learn danish....can u tell me how difficult would it be to learn this language?

Hi,
You have to have 100 points to get through and needs to be Master in some field.
Yes , undoubdtly danish is a tough language to learn.

Well, Danish is not a difficult language per se I would say. I've learned norwegian and it's almost the same language as Danish. However, the Danish pronunciation is very hard to understand and it takes a while to grasp everything ! Apart from that, the Danish grammar is easy as 1-2-3 :)

For more info about the green card, please refer to the article on the expatriation guide at https://www.expat.com/en/guide/europe/d … nmark.html

Lykke til - Good luck :)

I currently am volunteering/bartending at the student bar in Nøreport and I will be studying and living here in Copenhagen for the next 5 months, do you think I could get a job anywhere else that pays within the city limits of Copenhagen? Also, if there are jobs available, who should I talk to?

TAKKKK

Hi,

I am having 3+ years of exp. in Java/J2EE and planning to move to Denmark on Green card. Is my decision is right to move there?
Can I get job easily there then which place will be good for me in Denmark and without knowing danish lang. will give any problem

Please help me out.

Hi Evian
You have indeed added a nice information and helped a forum member. Please be in touch because i think you can shed some more light about dk, cost of living, job market and processing time etc.
thanks

Please can you confirm that I'm eligible for the Green card scheme permit with the following evaluation conditions.
Conditions      Points
1 Educational level-Bachelor's of Engineering
from India- 30 points   
2 My education qualifies to work in a field where Denmark is currently experiencing a shortage of qualified professionals. as mentioned in the positive list -10 points   
3 Language skills- My higher educational programme was taught in English and even working experience in English -20points     
4 Work experience- 8years in IT(in field listed on the Positive List)    - 15points     
5 Adaptability-Two consecutive year's working in Switzerland   -   10 points     
6 Age -    15 points   
        Total points  100

Just check here
green card in Denmark

A useful link:
http://www.denmark.net/jobs

Hi Suraj,

I am working in IT for 3+ and in a process to apply For a green card. Just wanted to know what is the minimum salary you should have in Denmark to survive so that one can manage some saving too.

Thanks for this blog, It is so nice of you.
Regards, Saket.

suraj prakash wrote:

Hi Meenakshi,

Arhus is the best place for you to work as IT engg. WHen did you applied for green card and from where?

suraj

Hello i am looking at moving to Denmark and i spoke to lady at the embassy and she told me that if can fly to denmark because i Eu british passport and i will be able to get my work permit there. Is this true or if not what is the correct way to do this

Hi,Hope all of you doing well.Iam an IT consultant[currently working in Oracle Financial Services,Bangalore,India]
undergoing the process of immigration to Denmark.By next couple of months(may be less)Iam expecting to get my Visa.I
need to have support from someone who can allow me to stay in her/his house at the initial stage in Denmark till I
get the first month salary once after getting a job.Looking forward to hear from you.
Hope a favorable reply.
Thanks and Regards
Dipranjan Ganguly
Mobile-91-9886675846

Hi Suraj,
I need your help in this,we can have a brief discussion over gtalk.my id is [email protected] add me in the list in ur gmail id.
Regards
Dipranjan Ganguly

Hi Suraj,
I need your help in this,we can have a brief discussion over gtalk.my id is [email protected] add me in the list in ur gmail id.
Regards
Dipranjan Ganguly

Hi Ganguly

You can also add me on yahoo messenger. my id is sensationalsuraj

suraj

Hi Suraj,
As you might have remembered me though let me tell you my concerns:
Iam an IT consultant[currently working in Oracle Financial Services,Bangalore,India] undergoing the process of immigration to Denmark.By next couple of months(may be less)Iam expecting to get my Visa.I need your help in terms of getting a job before going there as I can't afford staying there with out a job.I belongs to a very middle class family and I have many commitments towards my family.I hope you can realise the matter,as please help me out getting a job.I am going to get the Visa may be in couple of months.
Thanks and Regards
Dipranjan Ganguly
91-9886675846

hi Suraj
Iam from Ludhiana, presently a banker
Also have sales expierence in veterinary pharma field.
inspired for demark immigration. can get visa
please suggest if i can settle in Denmark.need your tips

Hi Satinder

Please check this forum thoroughly because  every detail ve been posted.Go through and apply soon.
Best of luck.

I am Sumesh Thakur and im from India too Hey SURAJ Iam from Shimla and have worked in kullu in ICICI (near branch near Dhalpur ground if u remember). I have done my mba in india and have worked here for 2 years.

Now i want to come to denmark and work there , presently the greencard scheme seems quite lucrative in denmark.

Can you provide me ceratin details

1) how are the employment opportunities and is it really a good place to come to

2)Also how much relevant is Danish, if i have to come there should i go for some course or should i get it there only

I would be happy if u can take out some time and help me out and answer these 2 questions(basically the employment opportunities there)

Inconvenience regretted

Sumesh Thakur

hi sumesh

nice to hear that.
Please check you inbox.

suraj

hi. maybie you can help me? how I can finde job in Hadsten or nier to this city?  thanks.

I am B Tech EEE with 8 years experience in Semiconductor Sales / Marketing .  Is there any semiconductor / IC  company in Denkark and is  there any popular jobsite where i can post my resume for job in denmark

salut j s un nouveau ami

Rajesh_mtly wrote:

I am B Tech EEE with 8 years experience in Semiconductor Sales / Marketing .  Is there any semiconductor / IC  company in Denkark and is  there any popular jobsite where i can post my resume for job in denmark

Try this
www.jobindex.dk

suraj

My husband, two kids and I are considering moving to Denmark from the U.S. in 1.5 years.  Besides the green card option, how hard or easy is it to open up your own business there?  I am finishing up my master's in international mgmt (marketing), and my husband is self-employed (fitness, youth development consultant).  Also we are a tad older (late-thirties), is it ok finding jobs there for older folks?  Do you suggest learning basic danish too?  Any suggestions on apartments too? Thanks.

Hi Suraj,hope everything is fine at ur end Ganguly here whenever available plz buzz me we can have chat over gtalk

Hi All,

Am considering moving to Denmark.

Pls. let me know how are the work opportunities in the country.
I searched over the internet, it is said that it is an expensive country. What would be an average salary at entry to middle level??

Your inpurs would be highly appreciated??

Ok. Let me say it one more time:

I don't mean to discourage you all but finding a job in Denmark is VERY DIFFICULT at the moment.

It has always been difficult when you don't speak Danish and that you are NOT Danish. Believe me, unless you get a job at Mærsk or some other multi international biotech companies, they would say no to you because you don't speak Danish as good as them (read: you are not Danish).

This is also why most foreigners (even doctors, engineers whatever who came to Denmark with dream of getting a well paid job etc) ended up driving taxi, doing cleaning jobs and other crappy jobs. So don't come to Denmark unless you already have a job offer in hand.

Salary range:

Crappy job usually is paid by the hour, that is from 110 kr above per hour. Don't forget that tax here is ranging from 38% above. You will mostly receive half of your salary - so whatever salary offer you are given, take half out of it and consider it gone.

Engineer salary is starting from 30,000 kr per month. Remember, substract half of it before your eyes go green.

Don't forget, we pay 25% VAT on EVERYTHING and even higher tax on cars and luxury goods.

Housing / apartments: A shoebox apartment (that is around 50 square meter) costs from 7000 kr per month in Copenhagen.It might be 1000-2000 kr cheaper outside Copenhagen.

Please don't flood my inbox with your questions after I wrote this. There has been several occassions where my inbox is full of messages from Indians / Pakistani who are wanting to move to DK.

I will only answer you in the forum and that's if only you ask in the specific way.

Don't ask, I am an IT graduate, how do you think I would get a job in DK. I won't answer such question.

Let me warn you one more time, it's hard to find a job in Denmark if you are:

1. Foreigner
2. Don't speak Danish.

Keep that in mind.

Hi Suraj,

Marry Christmas

I am Sunil from Nashik, Maharashtra.

I am M. Sc. in Microbiology. Currently heading my own company in Solid Waste Management.

I have applied for Green card. I would like to know

1) My company will be producing Bio-coal in India. Will it be possible to register a company in Denmark and can this new company will import the Bio-coal there for its further distribution in Europe?

2) Will it be possible to join myself to any company working in Biogas or Biomass based power generation.

Please reply.
I will be thankful to u always for information.

With warm regards

Sunil Pawar

hi am seth would be moving to denamrk this year and would like to knwo the job opportuntiy in denmark, am a footballer and i can do any piece job.

hi, I m from Egypt I want to visit Denmark for 3 moth visa, is there any good places you recommend me to visit as a jourist???????????
thanks

yes . very much true , very hard to find job in dk ,
i speak danish very well , but of course not as danish ppl and i find it very hard to find job , so i went back to cuba ,

its realy very very hard to find job in dk , even tough im studying and have my resident in dk

flipper78 wrote:

Ok. Let me say it one more time:

I don't mean to discourage you all but finding a job in Denmark is VERY DIFFICULT at the moment.

It has always been difficult when you don't speak Danish and that you are NOT Danish. Believe me, unless you get a job at Mærsk or some other multi international biotech companies, they would say no to you because you don't speak Danish as good as them (read: you are not Danish).

This is also why most foreigners (even doctors, engineers whatever who came to Denmark with dream of getting a well paid job etc) ended up driving taxi, doing cleaning jobs and other crappy jobs. So don't come to Denmark unless you already have a job offer in hand.

Salary range:

Crappy job usually is paid by the hour, that is from 110 kr above per hour. Don't forget that tax here is ranging from 38% above. You will mostly receive half of your salary - so whatever salary offer you are given, take half out of it and consider it gone.

Engineer salary is starting from 30,000 kr per month. Remember, substract half of it before your eyes go green.

Don't forget, we pay 25% VAT on EVERYTHING and even higher tax on cars and luxury goods.

Housing / apartments: A shoebox apartment (that is around 50 square meter) costs from 7000 kr per month in Copenhagen.It might be 1000-2000 kr cheaper outside Copenhagen.

Please don't flood my inbox with your questions after I wrote this. There has been several occassions where my inbox is full of messages from Indians / Pakistani who are wanting to move to DK.

I will only answer you in the forum and that's if only you ask in the specific way.

Don't ask, I am an IT graduate, how do you think I would get a job in DK. I won't answer such question.

Let me warn you one more time, it's hard to find a job in Denmark if you are:

1. Foreigner
2. Don't speak Danish.

Keep that in mind.

A pleasant day to everyone.

Yes I agree based on surveys Denmark has an expensive cost of living.  But may I ask, why is it that they are the happiest country in the world?  So let us just say, they have balanced the cost of living and the means of living. In fact more people around the world are coming to the country every year. To study, work, live or visit.  Perhaps, it will bother you a lot if you think of how much money do you need to live a life in there.  It would be better to measure the contentment and happiness to live a life in Denmark. 
    Well so much for that, to those who are planning to get a job in Denmark, this link MyDenmarkTV might give you good ideas. The video covers an interview of a Denmark Career Consultant about Job Interview Preparation and more.  It is a web based TV that can give you insights and practical tips about living in Denmark.

Jun
http://thumbs.webs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=142165130&size=thumb