Fitness in brussels

I am sharing my experience with you in the hope You are getting value for your money -instead of unnecessary stress-in the realm of fitness clubs:-))

Avoid Stadium at  Ossegem metro station,in Molenbeek
(Sippelberglaan 1-1080 St Jans Molenbeek)!!
They have very impolite,negligent staff. So at the first given problem they will be very rude and degrading to You.
They have a certain attitude. They do not know the expression: I am sorry and trust me You dont wanna teach it to these cockey kids, who are working there.
Your stuff can be confiscated  there. And You can easily find Yourself in a situation when they are reluctant to return it.
Their sauna and steam bath is satisfactory but not split by gender.There is only one sauna-day exclusively for women.

So, pick instead of the nasty surprises Kinetex. However it is the same company, but the personnel there, is more up to the task.
There is much room for improvement in the respect of their sauna and steam room. And the selection of group classes is limited but they have a proper pool at least.

If You want excellent quality,friendly,tasty atmosphere for your after-work chill out, choose Aspria! However the price is double, it well worth it.  Their staff is impeccably polite. They have a wide variety of interesting group classes, name it, You will have it!
Their steam and sauna section is split by gender.
Hair dryer,towel,locker, even q -tips are provided.Better design,better decoration and thoughtful trainers.Kindergarten,dry-cleaning services,beauty services,masssage,excellent restaurant and bar.

Last edited by tizianagirl (Today 01:45:19)

I am sorry you had a bad experience in your fitness, unfortunately it is something quite common in Brussels.

Aspria is pricey but you get value for money, and having a swimming pool open until late at night is something hard to find in town. As regards the hammam/sauna, yes they are separated for men and women but ONLY in the Aspria near Arts-Loi. However, if there are couples out there that like to share the hammam/sauna after swimming, then Aspria LOUISE is better.

Wow David. I am reading your first words, I am thinking to  myself :You are a gentleman.

Do You wanna know what did the manager at Stadium at Ossegem said to me instead of thank you? He said he would never gonna say thank you because it was not him who made the mistake but his staff:-)) And when i tried to brighten his mind about that he is responsible for his staff"s attitude and actions as their boss, he changed the tactics and agressivly blabbed something about his saff virtutes, like they would never lie..so by saying this he accused me at the end:-))

So,I ACTUALLY HAD TO  CALL FOR POLICE IN ORDER TO GET BACK MY STUFF ,WHICH WAS CONFISCATED BY THE STAFF ITSELF!!!!!!!

They did not want to give any information on my belongings or draw up a minute on what has happened there.

I am sorry about Your bad experience as well. However I would like to know more about them.

The fact is that customer service in Belgium is simply non-existent, newcomers are always surprised and growing a “thick skin” is essential: always hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. As regards fitness clubs, hygiene standards in Belgian public places are really low, to say the least.  Another problem is that several fitness clubs attract large numbers of young unemployed people that have nothing better to do than spend their days there. As you can imagine, women can be harassed. It is not a widespread problem but quite common.

:-))
Ok Thanks for the advice:-)) I am gonna try to grow thick skin too, however i find myself too sensitive for that.
How can unemployed people pay for training in clubs like this?? Even I find them too expensive!
You are right I have experienced harrasement as well in Ossegem, club members tryied touching me or picking me up in various ways. Ossegem is the worst in the respect of harassement as well.
And You know what in Kinetex they had make a separate fitness for women:-))But this You have way lower chance of being harassed.

It seems you have managed somehow to be in the wrong places at the wrong moments. In spite of everything said, Belgium is not a bad place to live, actually it can be quite nice if you learn to move around this complex country.

Molenbeek is not the best area of Brussels if you wanna go to a fitness centre. Aspria is quite expensive. Passage Fitness has a good reputation. There is another one for ladies called Curves in front of Cora Woluwé (Gulledelle - Woluwe Saint Lambert)

I just want to share my experience with kinetix (stadium). For the last two months I have been one of their clients, and so far I am happy. The staff always welcomes everybody with a big smile, they all speak English very well and I did not have any problems until now. Also, the atmosphere is nice, and I don't recall seeing people unhappy. So maybe in the end, it may not be a rule but only an exception (hopefully) what has happened to you.

Dear Sonny Crockett!

Thanks for Your kind reply and new tip, regarding Cora!!!
I will definitely try it!
Can I Ask You that Passage fitness have sauna and group classes or just treadmilla and muscle maschines?

Best:
Tizi

Dear Gmr Brxl!
You have misunderstood something! We are saying  here above that the Stadium at Ossegem,Molenbeek is to be avoid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not the other branch You have mentioned.
People who read this if You do nto wanna nasty surprises please avoid the club stadium at the metrostation Ossegem!

tizianagirl wrote:

I am sharing my experience with you in the hope You are getting value for your money -instead of unnecessary stress-in the realm of fitness clubs:-))

Avoid Stadium at  Ossegem metro station,in Molenbeek
(Sippelberglaan 1-1080 St Jans Molenbeek)!!
They have very impolite,negligent staff. So at the first given problem they will be very rude and degrading to You.
They have a certain attitude. They do not know the expression: I am sorry and trust me You dont wanna teach it to these cockey kids, who are working there.
Your stuff can be confiscated  there. And You can easily find Yourself in a situation when they are reluctant to return it.
Their sauna and steam bath is satisfactory but not split by gender.There is only one sauna-day exclusively for women.

So, pick instead of the nasty surprises Kinetex. However it is the same company, but the personnel there, is more up to the task.
There is much room for improvement in the respect of their sauna and steam room. And the selection of group classes is limited but they have a proper pool at least.

If You want excellent quality,friendly,tasty atmosphere for your after-work chill out, choose Aspria! However the price is double, it well worth it.  Their staff is impeccably polite. They have a wide variety of interesting group classes, name it, You will have it!
Their steam and sauna section is split by gender.
Hair dryer,towel,locker, even q -tips are provided.Better design,better decoration and thoughtful trainers.Kindergarten,dry-cleaning services,beauty services,masssage,excellent restaurant and bar.

Last edited by tizianagirl (Today 01:45:19)

HI TIZIANAGIRL! HOW ABOUT PERSONAL TRAINRES??? CAN I FIND ANREALLY GOOD ONE?

THANX :-)

@s2w- Can you please lower caps lock when writing on the froum? Thank you.

Auréie

Be careful about this fitness club that has closed without informing the members. People are talking about a scam, investigations are in progress

http://www.dhnet.be/regions/bruxelles/l … dca8572dc3http://www.dhnet.be/regions/bruxelles/a … dca8572dc5

Basicfitness is the way to go . very affordable(15) euros a month and quiete nice .