Australian coming to Amsterdam on Working Holiday - Registration

Hi,

I'm coming over to Amsterdam in July on a working holiday visa. I'm degree qaulified and experienced in my field so I'm hoping to get a job similar to what I am currently doing (though I understand times are tough and I have no guarantee).

My question is regarding finding an apartment and the working holiday visa. Do I need to have a proper rental (6-12 months) before registering my address at the town hall? There seems to be conflicting advice. Some people say you need a lease, others say a hostel/hotel is fine.

I had planned to get a holiday rental/hotel/hostel for the first month while I got settled in and then if I had a job look for a more permanent place. However the more I look the more this seems impossible...

What did you do when you first moved to the Netherlands?

Thanks.

Welcome to Expat.com miranda_jane!;)

Harmonie.

Hey miranda_jane,

I have the same problem and I'm still looking for a good solution. If you are still need a room, send me a message. I would be interested to do the challenge with you together.

o/ Zorbak

Hi

I'm an Aussie hopeing to do the working holiday visa thing and be over in Amsterdam mid April this year.
Do you have any tips or advice for this process?
Also im trying to decide on wether to do a holiday around some of Europe when I first get there or get settled first?