Getting married in Honduras

Problems with the miracles that you have performed!!  I take it that you are not Muslim!!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTq7w8P6_2I

How do I get the Single Certificate???? I've been looking all over and can't find how to get one

How did you get your Verification of No Marriage Letters????

After getting married in Honduras how long does it take to gwtvur marriage certificate? It ha seven 3 months for me and still no certificate! Doing the process of getting my husband home!

Yeah I think I will go to belize

My gf can't get her papers because she needs more signatures from her jealous family members to state she is single. I also suspect it probably takes years to get the actually document.

She bought a property 2 years ago and still doesn't have the legal title yet.,,,,

When getting married in Honduras don't they ask for police records?

Nikkiv wrote:

I was married in honduras to my BF that is from honduras. as long as you have all the paper work that you need there will be no problem. here is what you will need

If you are NOT a honduran citizen, you will be required the following documents:
A valid passport
A certified copy of your birth certificate (1)
An Affidavit of Single Status (3)
If you are marrying a Honduran citizen, your future spouse will require the following documents:
A Honduran identity card ("tarjeta de Identidad")
A Certificate of Single Status issued by the Civil Registry (Certificado de Soltería del Registro Civil)
If you have been married before, you will require these additional documents:
A certified copy of the divorce decree (1) or
A certified copy of your previous spouse's death (1)
Note:
You will need two witnesses to your wedding - non-relatives preferred. They must have the following documents:
For non-Honduran citizens:
A valid passport for at least six months
For honduran citizens:
A Honduran Identity card (Cédula de Identidad)
Marriages legally performed and valid in Honduras are also legally valid in other countries.
and you do need a blood test done as well which was free!!!
i did everything in honduras blood test and the single status

for my birth certificate i just gave them the original one the only hassle that we had to do was go the trujillo to get his Certificado de Soltería del Registro Civil and you have to set up a appointment at embassy for your Affidavit of Single Status and that is quick and easy... but it was fast and easy for me to get married there been married since jan or this year

When getting married in Honduras did they ask you for your police records?

Oh..that's all..?? Geeez, Louise

Nikkiv wrote:

I was married in honduras to my BF that is from honduras. as long as you have all the paper work that you need there will be no problem. here is what you will need

If you are NOT a honduran citizen, you will be required the following documents:
A valid passport
A certified copy of your birth certificate (1)
An Affidavit of Single Status (3)
If you are marrying a Honduran citizen, your future spouse will require the following documents:
A Honduran identity card ("tarjeta de Identidad")
A Certificate of Single Status issued by the Civil Registry (Certificado de Soltería del Registro Civil)
If you have been married before, you will require these additional documents:
A certified copy of the divorce decree (1) or
A certified copy of your previous spouse's death (1)
Note:
You will need two witnesses to your wedding - non-relatives preferred. They must have the following documents:
For non-Honduran citizens:
A valid passport for at least six months
For honduran citizens:
A Honduran Identity card (Cédula de Identidad)
Marriages legally performed and valid in Honduras are also legally valid in other countries.
and you do need a blood test done as well which was free!!!
i did everything in honduras blood test and the single status

for my birth certificate i just gave them the original one the only hassle that we had to do was go the trujillo to get his Certificado de Soltería del Registro Civil and you have to set up a appointment at embassy for your Affidavit of Single Status and that is quick and easy... but it was fast and easy for me to get married there been married since jan or this year

Did you have to have your documents with an apostille?

Mmaxwell2002 wrote:

After getting married in Honduras how long does it take to gwtvur marriage certificate? It ha seven 3 months for me and still no certificate! Doing the process of getting my husband home!

Did you have to bring a police record with you?

Hi I seen that it was easy for you to obtain your single status but I also seen that for another person the single status they obtained at the embassy didn't work for them I was wondering what is the process or like what I should expect I plan on going to Honduras pretty soon to marry my boyfriend and I want to be prepared for when I go and I was planing on getting my single status over there in Honduras and I just wanna make sure that that will work before I leave

What's the process of getting a marriage in Belize recognized? Registered in Honfuras?

https://www.chaacreek.com/requirements- … ied-belize

May you live happily everafter!

Bring more proof than is required. You never know who will be the official who will attend you!

thank you for sharing...my gf lives in Honduras n she has visited me in NY 2 times now for a total of 7 months ..she recently re-aplied for her visa and was denied because of how much time she has spent here.  Now we are looking into a fiance visa or possibly getting married in Honduras...looking for all the info we can rightnow...good luck to you and your bf the system dosent make it easy

Re apply on a K1 visa.... that's how I did it after other ways didn't work. 11 months after.... my wife got the green card. Married her within the first month she stepped on US soil. Been married for almost 13 years .... anniversary April 15th 👍🏻. Watch out for money hungry attorneys that promise everything !! Been through a few.

This is so amazing. I am Canadian and my bf is Honduran. We want to get married and I'm looking for best ways to do it fast so that he could come to Canada asap. Could you recommend a good lawyer in Honduras or maybe you have an idea what I can do? thank you so much!

Watch out for money hungry family members too.  Also married to a Honduran woman.

I am a US citizen trying to marry a Honduran, and discovered the complicated requirements.. with that we saw Belize has been suggested. It seems like a great option! My fiancé and I want to just have a courthouse type wedding, something quick and then remain and live here in Honduras. I would then like to get my residency. I was wondering if any of my documents like birth certificate or divorce certificate I ordered through vitalchek need to be apostille before going to Belize. I was also wondering if there will be any issues getting my residency here in Honduras if we will be married in Belize? And later in the future we want to get his green card in the US, but for now to live here in Honduras. I know I probably have to get a spanish translation for the marriage license and also apposilled from Belize. If anyone has any tips or advise about these things it will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I need your attorney name and contact details my # ***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello

you have all the answer, so I trust in you is great

I want to get married to my girlfriend who is from Honduras, matter a fact she lives close to utiapa, Atlántida. I am not good with instructions and all, and filling out forms, but would like to get married, with no hassels.  I am american born living in New York.

I need more information on how to obtain the following:

- dispensa of edictor
- medical certificate and hiv tes
- divorce deceer

can i get married in utiapa, atlantida?

thanks

Good afternoon, can you please help me I'm trying to get married and my fiancé is in Honduras and the lawyer is charging around $900-$1000. How can I do the proxy marriage?