Saying Hello and Request for Advice

Hi,

This is Jason and I am from Singapore. I may soon take up employment in Bahrain and will need all the advice and help I can get. I have been reading a lot of the posts and have a good idea about almost everything Bahrain but recent developments in Bahrain raises some pertinent questions:

1. Which area to consider for accommodation in light of the growing unrest? Juffair, Seef or Adliya?

2. How much is the school fees for Sacred Heart school (for my boy of 4 years)and is the school good? Compared with Al Hekma International, which is better?

3. What is the average amount of salary that I may need to live comfortably there if taking into consideration  housing rental of BHD 450 (inclusive), Car Rental BHD 200, that I will have to pay on my own. In addition, the school fees for my boy. We are a family of 3 person.

4. Is it difficult to be issued a work visa?

5. If I were to pay full cash (no loan) for a car purchase, I would still need to wait till my CPR card is issued? Is it troublesome going through the registration process? How much is the car insurance fees and is going for vehice maintenance troublesome?

6. Is the unrest getting worse day by day? I don't worry about myself but more for the wife and kid.

I hope someone can help on the above. My sincere apologies for the long list of questions. Looking forward to hearing from you all. Cheers and thank you.

Hi Jason and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll find answers soon.

I wish you all the best, and to your family too,
Harmonie.;)

Hi Jason,

Let me assist and give some answers to some of your posted questions as the following:

Areas to consider for accommodation; As you might have read recent posts in the forum, I would say that Juffair and Adlyia are good places to consider,Seef area is also a nice and peaceful area to stay but as its close to some of the hot points I would keep it as a third option after Juffair and Adliya other areas also can be considered and highly recommended but this will depend solely on whether you would like to stay near by or a bit far from your work place or the school of your kid.

The average amount of salary that you might need to live comfortably in Bahrain again varies based on your level of living, average figure would be quite difficult to be anticipated.

Work visa procedure and formalities will be looked after by your employer and you shouldn't really worry about it. Processing time depends on how effective the PRO is, but usually doesn't take much time.

CPR card is very important to do anything in Bahrain i.e. buying/registering vehicle. For a brand new vehicle, the dealer can do the registration and the insurance for you.

About the unrest issue, we have talked about it several times in the forum in earlier posts, its only confined in certain villages and as far as you are away of those areas, you won't feel anything.
Its not getting worse day after day but so far the situation is under control somehow and would hope that all comes to an end soon.

I would apologize for the points I have missed to answer as I don't have enough information to share meanwhile I have no doubt that other colleagues in the forum will leave no stone unturned to answer all of your questions.

Hope this will help and wish you lots of luck :)

Regards,

Thank you all for your replies.

Appreciate it. Maybe we can meet in Bahrain next time for coffee.

Thanks again. Cheers.

Jason

Hi Jason and welcome to the forum !

Thanks Vido, like always, nothing to add :p

Cheers

Olivier

Thanks Oliver for your usual support ... Much appreciated, however we are just following your steps ... You are the Master here :D

Once again, a big thank you to all whom have contributed to the replies.

Another question. :)

Is BHD 2000 enough for a family of three? The amount includes housing, medical and car as well as school fees for my kid.

Can anyone assist to tell me is Sacred Heart School good? And how much is the fees there? Is Al Hekma International school good?

Thanks again. :)

Hi Jason,

My personal opinion is Yes, 2000BHD sounds reasonable and are enough to cover the mentioned expenses but again this depends on your personal lifestyle.

About the schools, As I don't have any experience with schools in Bahrain, I have asked some work colleagues and the answer was that these are good schools, and couldn't get any information about the admission fees however you can have a better idea if you check school's websites. Here you go the links to both school's websites:
Al-Hekma International School & Sacred Heart School

Hope this help ... All the Best :)

Regards

Thanks again Vido. Cheers