Internet outage

Does any of the members here know whats been happening with the internet here in Vietnam for about the past 6 days?

VNPT in HCMC and DakLak has been fine. Had 4 computers in the office downloading Bittorrents from Christmas through New Years and the logs show no interruptions.

Whose system are you using?

Were there any electrical outages?

Use < http://speedtest.net/ > to check things.

I have been having same problems. I am living in a house and using a wireless connection belonging to the landlord. They have told me that its a big problem an thats all I can get from them. But, seems to be only their provider. They got the password for the next door neighbor for me and that one seems to be very good. Thats all I can find out also.

You didn't mention a particular problem. Perhaps you could ask @fisheggtree (TWITTER) who says he has it from "multiple sources that an Internet crackdown is imminent." Some basics you probably know: Access to Facebook in Vietnam is chancy, usually needing some IP configuration or proxy software download. If you are not able to access Internet although connected to the network, your modem needs resetting(switch on-off). Lately, I've had erratic access to some sites as well. Countries in this region have "filtering systems."

Budman1 wrote:

Does any of the members here know whats been happening with the internet here in Vietnam for about the past 6 days?

I work as IT Engineer in a firm who use many ISP, and don`t have any issue access to aboard, especially England last days.

So can you look over your place if have any unexpected failure ?

Cheer