Vinaphone data only timecard top up online

Hi, how can I top up online? Most services require phone number, which I don't have because of data only.

Mireina,

I may be mistaken, but I think all data sim cards have a phone number associated with them(even if you don't know what it is). I know all of them that I have used have had a number. You usually can see this somewhere in your settings either on a phone that you are using the card in or hotspot or tablet. It is also generally written somewhere by whoever you bought it from - many times just had written on the receipt or on the larger part of the plastic card that it came in.

All SIM cards have a phone number.
I have Vinaphone ezCom Data SIM and have a phone number.
Usually you can receive phone calls (and call emergency numbers) and you can use SMS on both directions.
You need a phone nummer, because Data SIM also requires SMS.
Because you can top-up, load data packages or ask for data amount by SMS code. For example send DATA to 888, or use the phone and call *101# (Data Balance).

There is a Vinaphone app (MyVinaphone).
I am not sure whether you must login by phone number the first time.
Maybe the app recognize the phone number while the 3G/4G data is inabled at the phone.
Then you can see the phone number at the app header.

Sorry, there is no number on my card, checked it out with several apps.

Sorry, ma card definitively has no phone number, checked it out with several apps

Have you a dual SIM phone?
If not you can find your phone in messanger apps like Whatsapp or Zalo.
Or send an SMS to a friend. He/She can see your phone number.

Yes, the SMS was the solution, thanks a lot.
Still need to know, where I can top up online.

Just recently discovered that you can use Lazada to top up. I have used it several times with no problem.

https://www.lazada.vn/mobilerecharge/

You can buy a voucher for Vinaphone on any phone shops (e.g. VND 200'000). Then scratch the voucher to see the code. Call *100*nnnn# (nnnn = code from voucher).
You can also load money (top up) by the app myVinaphone.
Or using one of the internet top-up service (expensive).

Just to be clear, the Lazada service is not expensive. As a matter of fact, they offer discounts on the top ups. For example, for Vinaphone...

To top up 50,000d costs 47,500d
To top up 100,000d costs 95,000d
To top up 200,000d costs 190,000d
To top up 300,000d costs 285,000d
To top up 500,000d costs 475,000d

However, I forgot to mention one major drawback. It seems as though it will not work with any international credit cards. I have only been able to make it work when I use a credit/debit card from a bank in Vietnam. I have used a Citibank debit card(VN account) with no issues.

I prefer to top up online, but as Andy mentioned, buying the little top up scratch off cards is easy and available on every corner.

I mean serviced like ding.com or recharge.com.
These services have the advantage, that you can top-up from everywhere. Means you don't need to be connected with Vinaphone.
SMS, USSD-code (e.g. *100#) or the myVinaphone app work only if you are connected to Vinaphone.

Lazada rejects my number

I relaxed via PayPal. Do I have to setup anyhow?

Mireina, I don't understand what you are saying.

I tried to top up via PayPal, but Vietnam is not supported.
Unfortunately I don't understand the system messages I get 'cause it's Vietnamese.
Think I'll have to go to a store. Thx for your help.