Dakar flatshare

Hi,

is it popular to share a flat in Dakar ?

What advice would you give to those looking for shared accommodation in Dakar?

Can you recommend specialized local websites or newspapers?

By the way, keep in mind there is a flat share/house share section in the Classifieds ;)

Thank you in advance for your participation and advice!

Christine

Hi Christine,
It's not too common, i guess for safety and or cultural reasons lol.
What most expats do is that they try to meet another expat then share a one or 2 bedrooms appartment.
The other option i've seen is to rent a room in a family house..that is usually the cheapest option, but not too convenient if you have late nights etc...
Best option would be to rent a bachelor but that's not the cheapest :)
Hope this helped!

oh and there is a company called Imsen imsen.sn i haven't seen any bachelors on it last time i checked but who knows...

Thanks for your contribution diamaguette!

Harmonie.:)

Hello

Rents are normally not very very high in senegal but i prefer HANN Mariste is also one of the good area in dakar.

Studio - 65000 fcfa per month
1 BR + HALL  - 125000 fcfa per month
2 BR + Hall  - 200000 fcfa per month

if you need then i can give you the contact number of one real estate guy and he speak english also and he can find one house for you and you can negotiate his commision before finalizing the house.

Regard

Raj

I need a villa on rent for 3-6 months. I have come here to start a Telecom company in Senegal.
+221777549418 is my number.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi Raj,

I know its a couple of years since you posted, neverthless if you still have the number of the real estate agent, kindly share it with me. Ill be moving to Dakar with a tight budget.

Hi raj

I m dinesh . Currently in rwanda. But planning to visit dakar for business survey. Can u give me ur watsup. So i can take ur advise. For accomo. Foid etc.

Hope u will help me.

Thxs

@dinesh

You have posted on an old inactive thread. I suggest you open a new thread.
Read through other posts here on the forum too.

Hi,
Please share me contact no. who can help me to find a flat !
Warm Regards
Paritosh