Moving/New to Christchurch?

Kia Ora out there!

Maybe you are moving/just moved to Christchurch, or maybe you are just wanting to make some new friends?

I am 30 years old, my boyfriend is 33, (been together 8 years! Both kiwis) just seeing if there are any other females or couples out there that just want a friend to chat with, go for a cuppa, walking,  dinner, movies ya know just hang out!

I work at a real estate company in administration.
(have met a few online now!), fave music – 80's, Madonna, U2, Crowded House, (kiwi sounds) Jack Johnson, dance...lots of music actually!! I enjoy watching rugby, movies, going out for coffee or a wine/beer!

Lived in Canada for a year, (went on a roadtrip in USA for 4 weeks), 
While living in Canada I had only couple of friends, and found it really tough & lonely being in a new city, so I thought I would come on here and see if anyone is in the same boat as I was there and looking for a new friend –  I have made some awesome friends off the internet!

Hello!

I am 25 years old and have been living in Christchurch for a month now with my boyfriend. We are both American and he has been studying here for the past year. He already had an established life and social circle long before I arrived and I
have found it pretty difficult to meet people so far.  Since I am no longer a student myself, I don't feel I fit into his circle very well and would like to find some friends of my own.

I work in the social work field and enjoy music, sports and traveling a lot.  I am really up for anything and would like to find some new friends here to hang out with.

Please let me know if you would like to do something sometime.

Cheers!

Hey there amp2104 thanks for your post! Welcome to Christchurch, brrrrr hope you coping ok in this cold this week, NZ houses just arent built for the cold aye!

What part of USA you from? i have travelled to about ummm 18 states.

Have a good day! :-):lol:

hey there, well I am now a single nearly 31 year old!
*bumping this up" anyone else new to Christchurch?

Hi there! I am new to Christchurch. I have been living here for over a year with my partner. He is 25 I am 21 and we are both from South Africa. He works at a very sociable workplace (he's a game developing artist)So has made many good friends. I am yet to break into my own personal social circle and would love to meet new people and make new friends. I love just hanging out, going for a coffee, Movies, out door activities, pretty much anything. I'm also an avid artist and love working on creative projects. :)

Hey TammyBee, thanks heaps for your message :-)
I will send you a PM. Hope your week is going well :-)

Hello, I'm new as well. I came from Russia, and my English is not so well, despite few years spent in Rotorua. I need to talk with the people more, obviously..
I'm trying to make friends, understand the rules of the social life in Christchurch and to get my life going.
I am 33years guy, alone, but I do love one lady so I am not trying to pick someone up. Currently, I'm broken and trying to get a job, so my activities are limited, but I enjoy many things, like pool, chess, walking, sky diving e.t.c. and always open for something new.

Hi there! I am also new to Christchurch. My boyfriend and I have only been here for over a week, not long I know! We are both 25, and both from South Africa.

We are currently staying in Northwood, with my boyfriend's parents (who have been in NZ for over 2 years). We're in the process of looking for work and getting ourselves organised with IRD numbers, sim cards etc. My boyfriend actually has an interview today and I have one tomorrow, so hopefully all will go well!

I had a lot of really close friends in SA, that I've sadly had to say goodbye to, and I would love to make some new friends, so it would be great to hear from you!

hey hey hey thanks for your post. Tried sending you a message but it wouldnt go thru.
Good luck with the interviews!! and WELCOME to Christchurch!!
Will try and send you my email address in a PM.
Have a fab afternoon!
Ciao

Thanks for the prompt reply! :) I got your PM, about 4 of them..lol! Got your email addy.

Thanks for the warm welcome and hopefully we'll be in touch.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Hello everyone
Thought I would let you know that I have organized a
Girls Nite 2 – Drinks & Dessert
Saturday, November 6 • 7:30pm    

Running Bull Bar
Cnr Riccarton Road & Deans Ave (opposite Hagley Park)
After a sucessful nite of drinks & movie, lets have another girls get together for a chilled nite, sitting around having a cuppa (or tequila!) and dessert.
Running Bull is an easy bar to find, being opposite Hagley Park on Riccarton Road corner.

(Just had first event, Girls Nite 1 * We had 20 people, nationalities, English, German, Czech, Dutch, American, Russian, Kiwi, French)

I have made some great friends off the internet, and rent two rooms out in my home to travelers, since January 2009.

Hope you are well

Hello everybody,

I m Clemence, I m french and I m just arrived in Christchurch last week. I work as a pair in a new zealand's family and I would like to know people from here, to share, to talk in english..
I don t know nobody but I would like to meet new people, unfortunatly I missed the last party which seemed very great, I hope there will be another very soon.

So if you any plans or nice places to advise for meeting, it will be a pleasure for me.

Thanks everyone and I hope shortly
cheers

Hi Clemm

I met Mel (KiwiMelza) on here, thanks to this post. Mel will no doubt be organising another event soon, she's really good at bringing people together!

Hopefully we can also meet up soon. I think you've been writing to Wes, he is my boyfriend, we are also really new to Christchurch, only been here for 1 month.

Have a good day tomorrow, and speak to you soon I'm sure.

Tracey :) x

Hi TRacey,

thank you for your answer and  yes it will be a pleasure to meet you very soon, I think maybe saturday night, I wrote to your boyfriend Wes, the world is small ;)
Have a good day too and I m glad to see you and speak with you soon.

Cheers,
Clemence

teeled wrote:

Hi Clemm

I met Mel (KiwiMelza) on here, thanks to this post. Mel will no doubt be organising another event soon, she's really good at bringing people together!

Hopefully we can also meet up soon. I think you've been writing to Wes, he is my boyfriend, we are also really new to Christchurch, only been here for 1 month.

Have a good day tomorrow, and speak to you soon I'm sure.

Tracey :) x

Hi Clemm, how are ya? was just wondering if your still living in christchurch? Im new to the place, am from the uk but lived in auckland for 5 years and now finding it a slow start to making friends. Althogh only just started work so it may pick up...but u can never hve enough friends. :-)

Genevieve

Hi KiwiMelza, lol you'll be able to see my message above on Clemm's so am just also messaging you to see how your going and where you are these days? still Chch?

Genevieve

Hello Genevieve and welcome to Exapt Blog! :)

To note that this thread is dated 2010. Do not hesitate to start a new one on the Christchurch forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Dear KiwiMelza,

I am moving to Christchurh on 10th May. My family (wife, 2 daughters 16 and 10 year old) will join me in June 2013.

We would be looking forward to make new friends in Christchurch.

My wife is Master's in Business Administration. She would be looking for a job once she is in Christchurch. Could you help in understanding how fast she can get a job in Christhurch?

Cheers!

Amit

Hi Amit, this is an old thread, I suggest you to start a new one on Christchurch forum for better visibility.;)

Harmonie