New job offer - cost of living

Hi there. I'm considering moving to Nairobi as a HR manager for a  company. The thing is I've never been there and have no idea how much it costs to live there. In order to give a salary range to my potential employer, i would like to know how much an expat HR manager usually earns in Nairobi. Im a 24 girl, would be alone. Also some information about house rental etc Thanks everybody

Hello tintingna and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to take a look at the different discussions of the forum. It may help.;)

All the best,
Harmonie.:)

Hi Tintingna, Welcome to Nairobi.My name is Eva. The salary range for an expatriate in Hr post will depend on several factors including the size and type of the company. Request for a range more that Ksh300,000 to start with. [email protected] is my email just in case you need more information.

Regards,
Eva

hi eva can you tell me the minimum salay of an expat general physician/doctor in kenya?is it easy to find a job as a gp in kenya?

Thank you Eva! that's really helpful! I will keep you up to date! :)

Hey welcome to nairobi, this place is really awesome place, i am in nairobi from 6 months. I like this place so much and i would like to live here for longer. Cost of living in nairobi is little high compared to my country. If you want to live alone in a single bed room flat, then it may cost you 15000-35000 depending on the place. Usually most of the foreigners prefer to stay in sharing apartments. If you know cooking then you can save lot of money. Here we can get a lots of varieties of vegetables and food items. If your salary is more than 200,000 kenya shillings, then that would be a happy living life here. if you need any help or further more information, please feel free to send me a mail. [email protected], hope to hear from you soon. have a nice time.

[Moderated]

[Moderated]