Cost Of Living Vs Salary

Hi All,

I'm offered a job in  Nairobi with 1200USD. I'm married with no kids yet, is it acceptbale to manage the cost of living in Nairobi with the offered salary. I would also like to know the house rents where most of indian expatriates reside.

Kind Regards,
Three

HI, i am suresh form hyderabad, no i am in kenya from 10 months. for your question, sorry boss, for 1200 with wife savings would be less. i hope you try to get lot more than this. here if you want to stay in a good place, that would cost you 600$ a minimum for rent, and what will you eat and how much you save????

Hi,
From a Kenyan point of view,this is a managable amount. It depends on where you intend to stay and how well you budget. You can get a house at between $400 & $500,then work your monthly expenditure. Is your employer paying for your house?

Miss chicita, most of the foreigners come to kenya to make money and save some money for future, at your point of view, its good salary for kenyan, so as they can save so much money. but for a indian with wife, its nothing. they can get house and food for that money, but they cannot save much money from that. Rather its better being in india. Here cost of living is very high compared to india.

Ohhh!
I get your point of view Suribhai.