Moving with kids

Hi
We are considering moving to Manila with a 7yr old boy & 3 yr old Girl.Can somone give us some ideas on costs of education.
My Wife's parents are living in Antipolo but id prefer to be closer to the city.
Also how much would a house be to rent and where are the areas which are good for xpats to live.
Any info would be great & appreciated.
Thanks
Noel

Hi Noel.

I have been in Manila about a month now. If you choose to send your child to an International School, you can expect to pay quite a few Peso's. Some I have seen are averaged about PHP300,000 per annum. You also have the option of private schools which is a much more affordable option. I pay about PHP80,00 per annum. I found the areas with the most expats are Makati, very expensive area to stay and Taguig, right near the Fort which is slightly cheaper than Makati. With Kids, I would advise the Taguig area. It is greener and not as built up. The prices of houses are very dependent of the area in which you choose to stay. A very popular website to check for housing is sulit.com.ph

San Lorenzo Village in Makati pasay road is where most expats lives..

I recommend to stay in Fort Bonifacio in Taguig City as it has a lot of open space, is "walking" / jogging friendly and will have a museum soon.  Makati is OK but is really dense, expensive and not all areas are nice. There are International Schools in the vicinity of both but your kids will still need a car / school bus.

Another OK area is Ayala Alabang.  It has all the stuff you need and a good school in the vicinity although it's a bit far from the Central Business District (Makati).

hi
Thanks Guys,i need to get researching
Noel