What is a reasonable salary in Manila for an Expat?

Hi.

I am expecting an offer to work in Manila.
I am currently based in India. What is a reasonable salary that should be asked for?
I will be joined by my wife and daughter.

Can someone please explain / detail in USD or AUD?

Thanks.

vamshee

impossible to answer  as we dont know what type of job it is or what company is offering .

Need to know, as previous post says, 
What is the offer
What type of job
What is your experience
What are your qualifications

Dear Jooni,

Could you please share with us "what is the nature of the job" and what industry are you planning to step in? Each industry has different pay structure. People will be able to help you better if you provide more details about your question.

We wish you good luck with your new move.

SAJ

My advice to you:

First, know what the employer is offering.

Second, research how much the cost of living your lifestyle (not just cost of living) is in Metro Manila, including how much it costs to send your child to the school of your choice.

Third,  after you've got those two info / figures, see if the salary will cover your expenses, and if it is worth uprooting yourself and your family from India to the Philippines. If the answer to the above question is "yes", then, accept the offer (and maybe ask for a little bit more.) If the answer is "no", then ask for more. If your future employer refuses to give you more, then reject the offer and just stay where you are.

Good day,

i just got the offer as Admin Executive based in Makati,
there are numerous fringe benefits given with starting salary of USD 2,500.00.

Is that ok to proceed?

Depends on your expectation of good salary. With USD 2,500.00/month is a great salary to have in Philippines. You will have a relatively great life here if you are still single.

Then How about the lowest salary range that in your definition of "great life"?
as my friend just got the another offer at USD 1700 two months ago, and she has rejected due to comparison with the salary earned in Malaysia.

USD 1,700 is good compared to most local but is on the low end. It is sufficient to get by but you will not enjoy Philippines as much since you will be financially restricted as I persume it is gross and subject to taxes.

it down to ur type of work,the salary could be poles apart,but most expats in manila who found jobs may a bit higher than locals,because of the compensation of the multi-lingual skill nevertheless,you ought to be getting a job to feed family in first place.

totally right,the salary the employer offered actually is the gross amount before tax,have to deduct 24% tax and this is the genuine money employee get.