Hi I am anticipating to come and stay in Manila for long term

Hi There,

I am a finance professional with more than 10 years of work exp and expect to relocate to Manila with my wife and a kid.

Pls somebody help me know following:

For how much should I get a 2-3 BR condo in alabag (or nearby) for (reasonably good accomodation)

We are coming for India and veg, how much do you think we have pay for monthly indian groceries if most of the time we cook at home

How is kid's education there in Manila, how much fee or it is govt funded. How much to pay for a good British school.

How is public transport or do we need to buy a vehicle. Do we get second hand vehicole and if yes for how much. What is the process

In all, what you all suggest about the country and long term stay here

Great if somebody let me have some fair idea of pay package that one gets having equal work exp

Appreciates suggestions or answers

Cheers, Yogesh

Hello Yogesh.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to help you.

In meantime, do not hesitate to browse the other discussions on the Manila forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi, Yogesh!

In case you still needed advice:

I would suggest that you find a place in the Bonifacio Global City area rather than Alabang, it's not that far off. The good thing about is that the area is one big community with everything you need in it. Best of all, the British School Manila and International School Manila are both located in this area.

As for the vehicle, I would suggest a second hand vehicle. Buying and selling pre-owned vehicles here can sometimes be as simple as making a contract on a random piece of paper.

In general, I would say that the Philippines is a good place to stay right now and it's only going to get better.

Hi Yogesh,

Have you already relocated to Manila and got all settled there? If yes, I have the same questions as yours. Could you please help me here, Please send me PM with all details? 
Did you find how is "Bonifacio Global City" and how is schools nearby?

na123 wrote:

Hi Yogesh,

Have you already relocated to Manila and got all settled there? If yes, I have the same questions as yours. Could you please help me here, Please send me PM with all details? 
Did you find how is "Bonifacio Global City" and how is schools nearby?

This is an old post. You may not get a reply at all.

[Moderated: pls register your company in the business directory section]