Cesarian section in manila

Hi there, hope someone can help. my gf just gave birth in a private hospital, they are asking $3000 aud and wont let her leave till its paid. is this standard? can anyone help,

$3000 for C section in a private hospital in Manila seems about right.  It is also a common not to release patients without settling the bill, but, I think you could make a down payment and promissory note if you want to get discharged from the hospital.  Depends how you talk to the accounting/bill section of the hospital.

I have a friend who's a doctor here and she said that it's standard protocol not to let you leave until you pay or as geof said make a promissory note. According to my friend that $3000 aud is a bit high. I guess it depends on the hospital too. Did you go to Makati Med or St. Lukes or Asian hospital?
Ask the accounting office for the break down of the bill eg.
How much did the
1.Obstetrician charge
2.anesthesiologist charge 
3.Private room (I'm assuming)
4.Medications

I think you can talk to the doctors too about the fee if your strap for cash right now, I guess you don't have insurance I'm assuming.

I concur.  For a private hospital that is about right.  I paid almost twice that amount last year in Makati Med. A third of it goes to the OB, while the rest goes to the hospital, anesthesiologist, pediatrician, pharmacy etc.

hi bluepearls
how many days your wife in the hospitals? my wife CS before our bill is 127 thousand its in the private hospital also. maybe your bill is to much or hospital ask more since you are a foriegner here. we as a foreigner long-nose white skin walking ATM Machine. here in the philippines there is a long-nose white skin charge.
the doctor told me i will buy this medicine for my daughter to that Drug Pharmacy when i go there the price of the medecine is 600 hundred then i go to other Pharmacy it cost me only 75 pesos but its they same medicine. you know WHY? because this Pharmacy is owned by the Doctor.