Dating in Saudi

Hello!

I was wondering if dating is allowed in Saudi, considering all the laws that govern what one does!

the simple answer is NO

as always where there are rules, people find ways to get around the rules :)

hi there
if the answer is no how do people know that its not just a friend on holiday and what are the ways round it

thanks

vinne,

the answer is no, if you still insist to date, it will be at your own risk. As SaudiUk pointed out, there are ways around the rules, but you have to find out yourself and through other means...good luck...cheers.

Warbies wrote:

hi there
if the answer is no how do people know that its not just a friend on holiday and what are the ways round it

thanks

You cannot go on holiday with someone of the opposite sex (unless he / she is related to you)

You can if you don't book together amd act like strangers.

Just don't go to a GCCountry. Cyprus, Lebanon, Turkey, and Jordan are good excursions.

Thanks for all the info everyone!

I knew that the answer would be no, it was a topic I thought of bringing up.

Best of luck! :D

pilot_hg wrote:

dating is not in Riyadh or KSA dictionary. the other way around is to build your own lifestyle around the rules. like dating on net and then you both agree how to date behind the scenes!!!
Good luck

that's right ;)

Hey guys,

One good way to have a date is to visit several people of both sexes living in a flat, one with husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, perhaps kids.  Be sure your date is one of them. When everybody's in the bedroom late at night, then you have a date in the living room.

Simple, and no its YES. But in groups not in single and privet

tomgwapo wrote:

Hey guys,

One good way to have a date is to visit several people of both sexes living in a flat, one with husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, perhaps kids.  Be sure your date is one of them. When everybody's in the bedroom late at night, then you have a date in the living room.

This is beyond weird and is almost the heights of desperation. I prefer not dating at all than that.

well , i just find people bit careful but see my friends dating most of time...i guess they r never caught:)

@ NONZ

Wanna give it a shot wit me ;)

jk

i know it is NO and big No....

hey vinnie
wanna go on a date with me ?
jk haha!
but it's as simple as that :P
ANYTHING is allowed in saudi if you dont get caught ;)

ummm since when ppl started caring about rules anyways!

@ Maya:
talk the talk - walk the walk
what about ya...are u daring enough? can i put you to the test ;)

hey man do whatever you want, just do not tell poeple that you are doing it. :)

snoozzzzzzz

As Maya said... do it and do not show... but... there are some rules here. No kissing in public, No hugging in public. I heard lots of stories about dating and other wild stuff from a female friend that happen in Riyadh.. So in the end Riyadh is like any other city... just you need to be careful.

Maya... Qassem is kind different i think... they do not even sell smoke there... :) so watch out girl.

Do not go mingling there. :) keep safe.

LOL
qassim is just like any city in saudi arabia
i mean come on how strict can this country get?
and oh ya almost everyone here smokes thank god i am not one of them tho :P eww eww eww :P

Rizwarsi wrote:

@ Maya:
talk the talk - walk the walk
what about ya...are u daring enough? can i put you to the test ;)

idk about dating :P
u wanna hang out then sureeee ;)

So I'm wondering what will happen if a couple is caught dating? How do the rest of society know that their dating? (NOTE:Just inquiring for general knowledge I don't intend to date.)

Well, technically, that viewpoint can be held by an individual anywhere on the planet! The saying, "money makes the world go 'round" isn't limited in its application ;)

That being said, I very much doubt that rich kids are traipsing around with their lovers all over the city. There has to be some amount of secrecy, and just as the expat community finds ways around the rules, so too do the locals. While it is extremely likely that those better off have an easier time getting into the posher ends of town, they still have to be on their guard.

Or something.

Oh my God, I can't believe I'm reading all this and it's the 21st century!  So the same rules apply to people from the west, whether they practice Islam or not???  Shocking! :o

hahahahah
sometimes I can do what I want but you have to do one thing is to turn on your brain then you will do waht you want.
let's try lol

/yes i think people do date but its not easy here. Its better to get urself familiar with the environment before u start dating

Avoiding rules and regulations in the Kingdom is the best way to make you stay longer! Just Sharing :-)

You can date...just dont dont make a public issue of it....if ure out in public...dont hold hands...just act as friends...or brother and sister...and behind closed doors...do as u wish :)

Just totally enjoy the exchanges of techniques on how to date secretly! Just be careful people and enjoy it!:D

all i can advise is dont do it man, if u get caught, its the most embarrasing thing ever. after ur caught u wish u havent done it. just be safe and stick to the laws. when u go back home u r free to do what u want

If I live alone can I have a male friend come to my apartment?  How will anyone know?

@neffy sure if u live alone u can have anybody visit u..nobody will no,that's the advantage of not living in a compound :)

Guys,

Are you still thinking about dating here!!!
Come on i have quit this idea during the last 3 years.

Here the life is all about WORK, WORK, WORK and FOOD :(
Companies are really exploiting their resources in here, specially indian ones

Neffy,
Try that with me loool, I'm sure we will be caught lol

LOL

some people do and some people don't
but if u do, just be sure u have the guts to do it, so you'll not end up to a place,where you never think to be in.
And if u don't, so endure the boringness and wait til u get back home.

hahaha it is here.. :D:D:D

too funny here hahah

:p dating isnt allowed .. but the most funny thing here is the adventure you can get to date someone :p

still a good experience to get hehe

Closed