Watching NFL in Kuwait

Anyone know if there's a place (cafe, restaurant etc.) where they show the games on TV?

Hi, what kind of games?? :)

NFL,i have no idea if there is a resturent or a cafe where they show it. but we should request one,it will help to get customers.

You can get an AFN box, connect to your SAT and watch the games at home.

The only show football games.

Soccer,as you may call in America

thanks guys it looks like I'm out of luck here.

thanks q8rashed, I'm looking forward to watching the game there.

this is your best bet to be able to watch all the games

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages

Kona thanks. I did mean american football. thanks to the rest of you guys too.

This is a very important topic for me. I'm moving in about three weeks to Kuwait, and I'm coming from the home of the UNDEFEATED Detroit Lions. The goal is to have sling box access through my tablet.  However if any of you have a better option, perhaps one with better streaming quality, please share!

Kona, does that NFL service work from Kuwait? When are the games posted?

yeah it works here in Kuwait. Is your tablet unlocked? I mean can you put a sim card from here in it? What I do is hook my laptop up to my LCD tv and watch them that way. they post live

Hey Kona, thanks for the info.. So do you get decent resolution with your system then? I am trying to do the same for other stuff like soccer and maybe other live sports events (maybe the champions league) but can't seem to find anything decent live... and if I do they seem to be very jerky and low resolution.

NFL gamepass is your best bet only if you have good internet access. It allows you to watch any game any time including live and you don't need VPN access. The other options are AFN decoder which has no subscription, but you have to be associated with American Forces or know somebody who is. Another choice is come to my house!!! haha. Send me a message if you are interested.

J2M, I assume your internet speed is sufficient then?

It sure is. I got Fiber/DSL.

3G services from cell phones carriers like Viva are also sufficient (low quality), but some have bandwidth limitations and drop your bandwidth to like 128kbps when you reach the limit. They are also not good in some areas.

Otherwise you have to go with Shared DSL (building) or your own DSL which is not even possible in many places and it takes some work with local authorities to get it.

Shabasaba wrote:

J2M, I assume your internet speed is sufficient then?

so we cant watch it on tv ??? there is no international channel can watch in kuwait ???

We had ESPN, ESPN Classic and ESPN America as an add on to the Jazeera sat card subscription... But ESPN dropped all the channels from broadcasting in this region as of July 1st 2013 :(

We still have Fox sports (also as an add on to Jazeera) but they only show like 2 NFL games a week, so you're lucky if you ever get to watch your team play

Would kill to get an AFN box, would even pay money to get it.

Oh, and let's go Giants

Hello ymuzaffar and welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that this is an old thread.

You may start a new topic on the Kuwait Forum.

Thanks.

Karen :)

No but you can watch the NFL games on OSN network in a few weeks doing regular season play, not it's only preseason and they don't have the right's to show it on OSN. You can also buy a AFN box from the PX and you can be able to watch it also. There are many other way to watch shows live from the states as well. Go to youtube and as how to watch live from your computer any where in the world.