Child care in the Michigan

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in the Michigan ?

How much is daycare in the Michigan?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in the Michigan you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

I currently live in South East Michigan and I was born and raised here. I have 4 children ages 3 to 16 and my experiences with child care have been excellent for the most part.

All daycare providers in Michigan must be licensed by the state of Michigan and the requirement can be found here. Staff at licensed daycare providers are highly qualified and monitored by the government for quality. In 2010, the average monthly cost of daycare at a licensed facility was about $600 per month.

It is also possible to hire a private babysitter to care for your child in your home. It is easy to find private babysitters with CPR certification and references in the newspaper or online. ALWAYS CHECK SEVERAL REFERENCES. As a parent, I would only hire a private sitter that had worked for someone I know personally in the past. It's also a great idea to have a professional background check performed.

Hours vary greatly from center to center but are usually from 7am to 6pm or so.

Best wishes!
Jess
americatoireland.com

Thanks for your contribution Jess!;)

Harmonie.