SANTA CATARINA BRAZIL

Hi first time on this. I am looking for more information about Santa Catarina. Looking to buy a retirement property within the next 5 years. My wife is from Brazil but unfortunately she doesn't have any family/friends in Santa Catarina. We visited Floripa and stayed in Jurere Internacional and the center of the city in Floripa. I have been researching and found Bombhinas and Balneario Camboriu. Any one have pros/cons of these 2 areas. From viewing photos I am leaning towards Canto Grande (Bombhinas). Thank you.. Mark

I have lived in both places. I think you've narrowed down to two very good choices.

In Bombinhas you want to be in Centro/Bombinhas or Bombas. I would not suggest canto grande but that's my personal opinion (not much going on there..).  In BC you want to be near Av Atlantica; North, central or south are all good. There are several other nice areas as well.

They're both very nice.  BC is more walkable and more of a city, with city amenities, but Bombinhas has enough restaurants, delivery services etc.  If you want a lot of choices for gyms, martial arts, restaurants, grocers, etc etc... BC is the way to go.

Uber is very difficult in Bombinhas, especially in summer. Traffic is awful in Bombinhas in summer as well. Unlivably awful at times.  If you're going to live there you would benefit from a moped or motorobike so you can drive in between the lanes.  All that said, Bombinhas is not better or worse than BC... it's different.. different vibe. They're both very busy with lots of people in summer.

If medical is a concern BC is the way to go. Bombinhas has a UPA, but that's it. If you need a hospital you're taking a ambulance to BC. BC has many public and private facilities. The UPA in Bombinhas is good (it's in the Bombas area).  I had my finger stitched up there...

Both are safe areas.

Definitely rent before you buy to get a feel for the area. 

Hello I move from Florida us to pahloca grande florianopolis I bought a house there it's very nice and a lot beautiful beaches and the price is OK balneario is very expensive and the live is not relaxing I live there for one year the city is overate I m very happy in pahloca praia fora

@BRBC thank you for the great info. Is Mariscal worth looking at ? I am aware its close by. Also are there other areas that are similar to Bombinhas. Thanks again. Have a great day.

Mark

@Werner Wegener thank you. I will look into this as well

@BRBC thank you for the great info. Is Mariscal worth looking at ? I am aware its close by. Also are there other areas that are similar to Bombinhas. Thanks again. Have a great day.
Mark

-@markjimenez

Mariscal is a neighborhood in Bombinhas.  It's developing rapidly. I think it's a bit overrated. In Bombinhas I would stick with Centro, sometimes simply called Bombinhas, or Bombas neighborhoods.

Get an AirBNB and drive around.  This time of year there's no traffic, so it's a good time to explore.

Is BC more expensive than Florianopolis generally or about the same?

real estate is slightly more expensive, but there is otherwise no major cost of living difference in BC as compared to anywhere else on the SC coast.