Tax on Foreign-sourced income remitted to Thailand

For anyone who is interested, there is a comprehensive Tax Guide on this topic on the ThaiVisa website under the "Jobs, Economy, Banking, Business, Investments" forum. There is also a separate thread for questions on the topic. It's been ongoing for the past 6 months or so.

Can you please provide a link?edit: I believe I've found ithttps://aseannow.com/topic/1306896-thai-government-to-tax-all-income-from-abroad-for-tax-residents-starting-2024/#comments

@JonSt

I sent message with links. I also posted link on another tax thread with title:

New Tax laws from January 2024

On another forum, the following Question was asked:

In light of the new tax rules that became effective 1 January 2024, what are you actively and seriously planning and intend to do in response?

I answered as follows:

- I will not remit any monies in 2024. I will use monies already in Thailand.

- I will keep my 2024 monies in home country, and never remit to Thailand,

since I will be a tax resident in 2024 (in country for 180 days are more).

- I will not stay in Thailand for more than 179 days in 2025 (non-resident).

- I will remit only pre-2024 & 2025 monies in 2025 to replenish THB accts.

- I will remit only Social Security in 2026 & future years when tax resident.

- I will not file a tax return, and will not pay income taxes in Thailand.

- I will continue to pay taxes on all of my income in my home country.

Based on the official Thai Revenue Dept. rules that I have read, this is the best strategy for me going forward to insure I have no tax obligations in Thailand.

To all.

Any links, threads, comments including mine are superseded by calling your bank or accountant.

You will not be taxed when transferring monthly income with the following reason

Support family..........

Doing this every month... never hear from anyone

@martinoo2002 

Absolutely untrue

@Arild  Huitfeldt

The fact that you do not really respond plus do not give an alternative makes me really doubt you conclusion

Anyone that says that an advise from bank or accountant is 'untrue' should reconsider or specify his answer or give an alternate advise

Also doubting that I transfer money into Thailand with the mentioned reason and not paying taxes is kind of 'ackward'