USA Tax - USA citizen with Thai spouce


I am a USA citizen with a Thai spouse.  My spouse doesn't have a social security number yet, so I believe we need to complete a W8 form. 

Does anyone have experience filing USA taxes and the applicable form and identification requirements?



I applied for and received an ITIN (tax ID number) for my spouse, and I file as married jointly. Did it several years ago. Never had a problem.  Go to the IRS website. It will show you how to apply for the ITIN.

Good luck.