Health Insurance

Hi there I'm preparing my holiday tin Cabo Verde and saw in a few places that health insurance is required but I'm unclear on exactly what sort should I look for to make sure that is is accepted by the private hospitals there in the unfortunate event of me needing to use it. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

@Sodade

I remember 1 health insurance mentioned but dont remember the name , Angelo probably will know..

@Sodade

if you intend to stay on the island of Sao Vicente you can take out health insurance at the public hospital of Sao Vicente.

@Sodade

that was the 1

www.safetywing.com

no cancer coverage , temporary for your stay

Hi there I'm preparing my holiday tin Cabo Verde and saw in a few places that health insurance is required but I'm unclear on exactly what sort should I look for to make sure that is is accepted by the private hospitals there in the unfortunate event of me needing to use it. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

-@Sodade

Hi Sodade,

Health insurance is absolutely NOT required to visit Cape Verde. Not sure where you got this misinformation. If you wish to purchase travelersv health insurance, you're supposed to purchase it in the country of origin.

Enjoy your visit,

Angelo

@CVAngelo

Hi Angelo,

do they still require that you reserve a hotel room for the first night on cabo verde ?

@CVAngelo Obrigada Angelo I think I got confused with requirements for other longer term VISAS.

I also came across today with FICHA DE VIGILNCIA E CONTROLO SANITÁRIO NA FRONTEIRA do Ministerio da Saude at the https://igrp.gov.cv website - would you know whether this is required? (to prove no need for yellow fever vaccine etc)

@CVAngelo Obrigada Angelo I think I got confused with requirements for other longer term VISAS.
I also came across today with FICHA DE VIGILNCIA E CONTROLO SANITÁRIO NA FRONTEIRA do Ministerio da Saude at the [link under review] website - would you know whether this is required? (to prove no need for yellow fever vaccine etc)

-@Sodade

Hi Sodade,

That form for Sanitary control was used during the Covid epidemic. It no longer applies.

You do not need a yellow fever vaccine card if you are coming to CV from Europe or America. It is only if you are coming from certain countries where yellow fever is endemic.

Cheers,

Angelo

@CVAngelo
Hi Angelo,

do they still require that you reserve a hotel room for the first night on cabo verde ?

-@Saxio

Hi Phil,

It's a requirement on paper especially if you fill out the EASE re-entry evisa before coming to CV (www.ease.gov.cv) as it is one of the required fields on the form.

If you don't fill out that form, and you are coming from Europe or America, they don't really care at the immigration desk. They may ask you where you will be staying. You can just name any hotel. They will let you enter.

Europeans and Americans are welcomed with open arms. They don't check anything when they see that passport as it is assumed you're going to be spending lots of money in Cape Verde. They don't even check to see if you have a return ticket, even though one is required. They only confirm that you've paid the visa fee/airport tax.

We hope that Americans and Europeans will stay indefinitely while spending a fortune! Lol

Cheers,

Angelo

@Sodade
if you intend to stay on the island of Sao Vicente you can take out health insurance at the public hospital of Sao Vicente.

-@giannitranicv

Hi Giannitrani,

I'm afraid that is not the case. The public hospitals in CV do not offer health insurance. If someone is trying to offer this to you, it's a scam.

Public health insurance is only available through the INPS (the national health insurance and pension program). You can apply for this at the INPS offices but only if you are an employee of a registered local company. It will cost you 8% of your salary and it will cost the employer 15% of your salary.

If you are interested in public health insurance, let me know via private message.

But please note that this program only provides basic coverage for doctor's visits and hospital stays as well as prescription medications (there are co-pays).

Regards,

Angelo