Public transportation in Milan

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Milan ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Milan?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi there , well in milan have a good transportation if u want to move around the city , even if atm i dont use them , because now i use bike ,and there are many roads that u can use free ur bike.
About the trasnportation there are bus , subway, train , tram , and all of them can take u in every part of milan and little out of city. Well the bad things about these transportation , its in the milan with the bus and tram there are a lot of traffic in the work time , and in the subway there are a lot of ppl so u must be fast to get in time if u dotn want to lost ur subway . The trasnportation its safe i mean i didnt find any relatives dangerous taking them , and the cost its about 1,50 euro from september a ticket with duration of 90 mins . And if u dotn want to use the trasportantion and the place that u want to go is near , u can make a subscription for the bike of ATM , and its very used here in milan now! Well i hope it helps , and sorry for my english :)

The transportation system in Milan is pretty good but it definitely needs to be improved at nighttime, at week ends at least.
Another thing that Milan doesn't have is a serious system of bike ways!

Milan has awesome transportation- for the most part. The metro is basically near anything you would want to be near. And it's colored lines and not complicated. You can buy an all day card for 3 euros. I have a monthly pass for 30 euros. To get it you can go into the atm point (not like a bank atm- its the transit system of milan) inside the duomo station and fill out a paper and give them your passport and you got the card. It will be 10 euros for the card the first time.

There are also trams and buses. Um....I get lost a lot on these haha but i am mostly a metro girl at heart. The time tables are sometimes a joke. Sometimes I would wait 25 minutes for a tram in some places. But the trams run later than the metro. The metro closes rather early, like 12am most nights so be careful you don't get stranded. I think the trams go to....2am? You can buy a ticket to the bus and tram only at a metro or tobacci station- they don't sell them on the trams or buses (i dont think)

this will tell you everything else

http://www.atm-mi.it/en/Pages/default.aspx

and yes, i always feel safe. But did get my wallet stolen once out of my purse. Just be very aware of your surroundings because the metro gets very crowded and many of my friends have been pick pocketed on the metro as well

Yep, the transport system is good and very cheap compared to back home in the UK. Prices go up by 50c tomorrow though!

I've not been robbed yet, thankfully!