Being neighbourly for Christmas

It often comes up that we foreigners with village houses (usually, fortunately) have wonderful Bulgarian neighbours who extend warm hospitality, and provide produce from their gardens. And we're often not so good at reciprocating (our house still looks like a building site, and I'm too lazy to cut the grass regularly, let alone grow fruit and veg).

Today, we were doing a little shop at our local Lidl, and we saw that they've just put out their Christmas items (already?!). This year, they have a big, wrapped gift basket for 60 leva. I'm not sure it's really got the stuff that Bulgarians hanker after, but It looked very fancy to us, so we grabbed a couple to hand out at our next visit to the house.

For those who have been wondering how to show their neighbourly appreciation, I reckon it might be worth checking them out. :-)

Just been to Ashford shopping, I think I'll re phrase that iv just been dragged to Ashford as the shopping bag holder and chauffeur lol guess what the shops are already filling up with decorations and Xmas trees from China

Got four lidl baskets today for neighbours thankyou