ARC1 card visa 13a

Hello,

I'm just wondering if anybody experience what our situation is

so my husband and applied for 13a visa in San Francisco California and got his 1yr stamp on his passport and give us yellow envelope to present at port of entry upon arrival in Manila so is the immigration at the airport will issue the  ARC1  card or do we have to go to the main BI office outside the airport? Or is there another process before we can get the ARC1 card?

thank you in advance for your help 

Did he enter the Philippines yet.  I arrive in two weeks and am curious as to what the process is. 

merizlabra said. . . .    Hello,
I'm just wondering if anybody experience what our situation is
so my husband and applied for 13a visa in San Francisco California and got his 1yr stamp on his passport and give us yellow envelope to present at port of entry upon arrival in Manila so is the immigration at the airport will issue the  ARC1  card or do we have to go to the main BI office outside the airport? Or is there another process before we can get the ARC1 card?
thank you in advance for your help

(1) First of all are you a Filipina? You didn't mention that.

(2) You say your husband 'and' applied. . . is the 'and' you?

(3) The one year stamp is probably a Balikan Visa for someone married to a Filipino.

(4) He have to be in the Philippines at least 59 days to apply for the ACR-1.
(5) So what's in the yellow envelope?   

It appears like us he has a visa stamp where in they give us a year to enter.   The envelope has the medical/finance info/visa application etc.   I ll enter in two weeks and I ll let you know what happens.

I contacted bi and they said I have to go to intarmuros to check in after arrival.

@smithta63

You will be well taken care of at the BI Main in Intramuros.

When you enter inteamuros you go straight ahead to the counters under the stairs and there you show the documents you have got. You might need to fill in a form and then you will have to pay the fee for the card (50 USD). After that you go to a counter where they will take the fingerprints and photos. Then they will tell you when to come back to pick up your card. This might be after 3 to 4 weeks.

Depending on the number of people it will take 2 to 3 hours to do it. The way they work is not easy to understand for foreigners but there is no choice. You need to do it in the main office.

@Andy_1963

It must be different in Intramuros. I signed up for my original ACR1 card in Cebu. They did not take fingerprints or photos. I didn't even fill out any forms. They apparently used a photo that was on file, probably from my passport, and info on my visa extension form I had just filled out. My 2nd ACR1 card was the same process only in Tacloban City. I was extending my visa and I mentioned my ACR1 had expired so he charged me for an updated card which I picked up a couple weeks later. No forms, no fingerprints, no photos.

That's my experience, too. Very easy, just get the card and pay. But it has been 3 years ago the last time. Will get a new card in two weeks.

Welcome to the forum yawg.

I agree the

ACR1 requires no paperwork, like a mandatory charge for a bit of plastic. ECC was fingerprints and pics but only P500 for a bit of paper to exit.

What part of PH. are you in?

Cheers, Steve.

yawg said. . . .    That's my experience, too. Very easy, just get the card and pay. But it has been 3 years ago the last time. Will get a new card in two weeks.  ***********************************

Are you saying you received your acr-1 card three years ago? So are you returning to the Philippines? or have you been living here on an expired acr-1 card?   

I went to bi intramuros a few hours after arrival and was sent to window six.  I was told I needed a stamp from bureau of quentine and that they would do it in a matter of minutes after a review of my us physical.  She also gave me a arc card application and some instructions. I went to boq and was told I had to get an appointment and given a website to schedule.  There was not schedule for today so I scheduled for a date in subic in 10 days.  Then back to Manila. 

Today, I went to boq subic.  Was a good experience.  Lessons learned.  Make sure you have copies of vaccine records and copies of your labs from your us physical.  I ended up paying and received a pulio vaccine. 300p.  They couldn't find the stool sample records(I had a copy).  Got my stamp now back to intramuros bi.  Plus I got to see olongapo again.  Alot has changed. 

merizlabra said. . . .    Hello, I'm just wondering if anybody experience what our situation is so my husband and applied for 13a visa in San Francisco California and got his 1yr stamp on his passport and give us yellow envelope to present at port of entry upon arrival in Manila so is the immigration at the airport will issue the  ARC1  card or do we have to go to the main BI office outside the airport? Or is there another process before we can get the ARC1 card? thank you in advance for your help
(3) The one year stamp is probably a Balikan Visa for someone married to a Filipino.
(4) He have to be in the Philippines at least 59 days to apply for the ACR-1.(5) So what's in the yellow envelope?       

This has nothing to do with balikbayan waiver. The man applied for a 13A, was approved and given a 1 year probationary visa. The hello envelope was for immigration to issue him his ACR card. After 1 year he goes to BI and applies for permanent ACR card.

merizlabra said. . . . Hello, I'm just wondering if anybody experience what our situation is so my husband and applied for 13a visa in San Francisco California and got his 1yr stamp on his passport and give us yellow envelope to present at port of entry upon arrival in Manila so is the immigration at the airport will issue the  ARC1  card or do we have to go to the main BI office outside the airport? Or is there another process before we can get the ARC1 card? thank you in advance for your help

'

(4) He have to be in the Philippines at least 59 days to apply for the ACR-1.(5) So what's in the yellow envelope?     

danfinn commented. . . .This has nothing to do with balikbayan waiver. The man applied for a 13A, was approved and given a 1 year probationary visa. The hello envelope was for immigration to issue him his ACR card. After 1 year he goes to BI and applies for permanent ACR card.

I merely was pointing out a balikbayan waiver was/is good for one year. During this one year after 59 days he could apply for a probationary ACR-1card. After one year this  probationary ACR-1 will make him eligible for a 13A that is permanent. 13A is not automatic it must be applied for.

This information will also be helpful to future Expats.

merizlabra said. . . . Hello, I'm just wondering if anybody experience what our situation is so my husband and applied for 13a visa in San Francisco California and got his 1yr stamp on his passport and give us yellow envelope to present at port of entry upon arrival in Manila so is the immigration at the airport will issue the  ARC1  card or do we have to go to the main BI office outside the airport? Or is there another process before we can get the ARC1 card? thank you in advance for your help
'
danfinn commented. . . .This has nothing to do with balikbayan waiver. The man applied for a 13A, was approved and given a 1 year probationary visa. The hello envelope was for immigration to issue him his ACR card. After 1 year he goes to BI and applies for permanent ACR card.
I merely was pointing out a balikbayan waiver was/is good for one year. During this one year after 59 days he could apply for a probationary ACR-1card. After one year this  probationary ACR-1 will make him eligible for a 13A that is permanent. 13A is not automatic it must be applied for.
This information will also be helpful to future Expats.

-@Enzyte Bob

From the post, the person applied for 13A in San Francisco. They gave that person a one year visa stamp and the yellow envelope, the contents of which are used to issue probationary 13a ACR card at the airport. When we arrived here in 2017 we came in on Balikbayan waiver and that give us the time to get an SRRV so I understand what you mean; BB Visa will also give you the time to apply for the 13a.

smithta63 said. . . .Today, I went to boq subic.  Was a good experience.  Lessons learned.  Make sure you have copies of vaccine records and copies of your labs from your us physical.  I ended up paying and received a pulio vaccine. 300p.  They couldn't find the stool sample records(I had a copy).  Got my stamp now back to intramuros bi.  Plus I got to see olongapo again.  Alot has changed. 

What were you applying for?

When I entered the Philippines there was no request of my vaccine records, lab tests or stool tests. You needed a polio vaccine?

For @Enzyte Bob;

Sorry, I confused smitha63 with merlzabra who was the OP who processed much of his 13a in the US. Smitha63 was interested as he said he was going thru the same process but looking at his posts, he was told to go to intramuris etc. and I am not sure that he was doing his 13a in America. I assumed he was as far along as merlzabra but rereading his posts, it may be that he intends to do his 13a from here in the Phils. I thought smitha63 was basically duplicating merlzabra but going over his posts again,  frankly I cannot tell where he is the the process. He is probably at the very beginning so your previous comments seem to apply and mine do not.

My experience to shed some info, I arrived in PH and without any application for visa got a one-year visa. Had to show only vaccination certificates at the airport. Once in PH I have an attorney office that did all my applications, for ACR very fast, very efficient and of course for a fee but from my perspective worth every penny avoiding BI clearance queue, BI immigration queue etc.

I got my temp card for one year done remotely and this year got my PR ACR also remotely without any personal appearance.

I recommend this way it is so efficient and less painful.

Went to BI main today.  Window 6 took my acr application put me in the computer gave me some fees to pay.  Went to cashier window 14, paid.  Back to 6 she made more entries, make sure they annotate the upper rt corner , sent me to window 44 who took prints and photo and told me to call in three weeks to see if my card is in to pickup.   

July 23 Chicago consulate took application

Aug 20 got visa and passport back via mail.

Oct 26 admitted and was told I needed boq stamp/clearance at main bi.  You have to have an appointment with boq. 

Nov 7 boq appt reviewed my medical and I had to have a polio vaccine.  They gave it same hour.

Nov 8 see above.

Went to BI main today.  Window 6 took my acr application put me in the computer gave me some fees to pay.  Went to cashier window 14, paid.  Back to 6 she made more entries, make sure they annotate the upper rt corner , sent me to window 44 who took prints and photo and told me to call in three weeks to see if my card is in to pickup.   
July 23 Chicago consulate took application
Aug 20 got visa and passport back via mail.
Oct 26 admitted and was told I needed boq stamp/clearance at main bi.  You have to have an appointment with boq. 
Nov 7 boq appt reviewed my medical and I had to have a polio vaccine.  They gave it same hour.
Nov 8 see above.

-@smithta63

Your timeline seems to show that getting a 13a from within the US is a fast and easy process. On July 23 they took your application and less than a month later you had a stamped passport back via snail mail. When you arrived in PH you only needed to visit BoQ with the results of your physical. The polio shot is due to WHO concerns about an outbreak of polio in the Philippines. But I am quite impressed at how fast and easy your process was. Of course, when you did the application you may had had to do a bit of legwork to gather all of the documents needed in the application (that was approved with seeming lightning speed). Good for you on your successful acquisition of your 13a.

We had most of the things we needed.   My wife did the dual citizenship thing and registering the US marriage took awhile(like three months), so she had to do a name change and new pp after.  I was a ice/Io in the states for 23 years and most of the process parallels US immigration.  It's actually a faster process since they don't seem overwhelmed like USCIS with it taking a year to get a application approved. 

Got.my card this morning.  Valid for five years.