Bureau of immigration in Tacloban

Anybody use the Bureau of immigration in Tacloban for a tourist visa extension? Did you need an appointment? If so, how did you get your appointment scheduled? Thanks in advance.

I used it last month for my 3rd 6 month extension and I would give it high ratings. It is the second time I've visited the Tacloban BI and the wait time was very short each time. I did not have an appointment either time. If there are any females with you they should not wear a sleeveless blouse if they want to wait inside. I'm thinking that goes for males also so to be safe don't wear a tank top. The guard will hand you a form to fill out that you may be able to get online. You will also need photo copies of your passport and there is a business close by that makes photocopies.

Interesting process you mention Moon Dog, My local Bi office (San Fernando City La Union) while never a problem and very quick in and out won't let my better half into the building (security, unless he has business there so he waits in the car) Sure I wear a collared shirt, long shorts and covered foot wear but I have seen westerners rocking up in singlets and flip flops (with their Filipino partners that are let in to translate), as they call them here and never a problem, they seem to get processed no different to me.

Have finally applied for a pension with my super company (the government won't give me diddly squat) so in the next 12 months will go over to the SRRV and then I'll never have to venture out again.

Cheers, Steve.

My wife was allowed in after she borrowed a hooded sweatshirt from our sister in law.

The guard gave us a number so we were third in line and number one was just finishing up but number 2 was an elderly Filipino with a helper so I settled in for what could have been a long wait. I was lucky the Filipino was trying to extend his US visa so he was in the wrong place and my wait was short.

The agent asked for my ACR number which I gave him but my ACR was expired. I explained that I would no longer need an up to date ACR since I was applying for a SRRV visa. He said I needed an up to date ACR until my SRRV was finalized so he charged me an ACR renewal fee.

Moon Dog said . . . .My wife was allowed in after she borrowed a hooded sweatshirt from our sister in law.

The guard gave us a number so we were third in line and number one was just finishing up but number 2 was an elderly Filipino with a helper so I settled in for what could have been a long wait. I was lucky the Filipino was trying to extend his US visa so he was in the wrong place and my wait was short.

The agent asked for my ACR number which I gave him but my ACR was expired. I explained that I would no longer need an up to date ACR since I was applying for a SRRV visa. He said I needed an up to date ACR until my SRRV was finalized so he charged me an ACR renewal fee.

I can double dip on that one.

(1) After 11 months having an ACR-1, I applied for the 13A, after two months of checking on line I went back to BI to see what was happening, they explained to me my my ACR-1 expired while processing the 13A. They instructed me I needed an extension, so P5000 later I received the 13A.

(2) When visiting the LTO office to apply for my drivers license I was not admitted because I was wearing shorts. The officer directed me around the corner where I could rent sweatpants.