Class K and moving advice

My original plan was to get a flat and then apply for the class K visa.

I was wondering whether that is too risky in case I don't get the class k visa for whatever reason.

Is it better to organise storage and a moving company in my home country, stay in temporary accommodation in Kenya then make the move AFTER getting the class K visa?

I'm currently in Kenya, so technically I could do the application now, but it still takes some months.

I've seen on the forum people saying lawyers aren't necessary, but I even had issues getting a multiple entry visa, so I worry about residency permit issues.

I meet all the criteria for the class K permit.

Firstly bear in mind that multiple entry visas are rarely agreed and are often issued to people travelling frequently for business.  This type of visa gives you no more rights as regards length of stay in Kenya than the Single Entry Visa.  I seriously doubt it will be a portent of how your Class K application will pan out.  Some would argue that a lawyer can speed up the process slightly, but there is nothing difficult about the application and you should pick your lawyer with utmost care so that you get someone who isn't just after the fees.

When I applied for the Class K I made the application very soon after arrival on a single entry visa and the whole process took about 6 months and I was forced to return to the UK for a week or so (ironically, it turned out that the permit was agreed on the day I flew out of Kenya).  I had to get another single entry visa to fly back to Kenya so that I could then go to Nyayo House and have the permit endorsed in my passport.

I don't feel comfortable giving advice on whether you should get a flat and move your effects now, or wait until the permit is granted - it's entirely up to how you feel.  You will undoubtedly have some thinking and planning time between application and the permit being agreed.

@Longonot62

thanks so much! I appreciate the information.