Moving companies

Has anyone used any affordable/ reliable moving services to move to Kenya from elsewhere?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Hello ayemadre,

You should also ask for a free quote from our partners here https://www.expat.com/en/movers/africa/kenya/

When are you planning on moving?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

I am assuming that by 'elsewhere' you mean the UK?

The last time we did this we used Maina Group (Southall) to ship a vehicle and various household effects.  They offered an efficient service and have clearing agents in Kenya which saves you having to appoint one.  It was a few years ago now and pre covid (which considerably increased the cost of containerised shipping).  The price was reasonable at the time.  It included pick up of the household effects but not the vehicle, which I had to drop off.  In Kenya we had to attend at Mombasa for clearing and collection.  I cant recall what we paid though.

We have (20 yrs) ago used a door to door service, which although considerably more expensive, removed a lot of hassle.

@ayemadre

Hello,

When moving to Kenya, finding affordable and reliable moving services is essential. Start by researching and comparing multiple companies. Ensure they are licensed, insured, and have good references. ***

Good luck with your move! :)

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

Santa Fe Relocation is providing moving services from different countries to Kenya and immigration services as well. I recommend them.