Marriage Licence

Hi Everyone I need help if anyone can help me, I have got told that I need a Marriage Licence or Permit to Marry in Tunisia I'm from Australia I have my Passport Certificate of Celibacy and my Birth Certificate I got in contact with the Canadian Embassy cause they deal with Australia and the fastest Appointment is in the 17th of August, So I really need a Marriage permit or Licence to Marry My Love in Tunisia?? Much Appreciated if anyone can help I'm very desperate right now

@lorrainew2700 Hello. You need a marital capacity certfilicate from your embassy. We are not so lucky in this procedure. I am Hungarian. My fiance is from Algeria. Last year we wanted to marry in Tunis. We had all documents what they asked: birth certificate, marital status certficate, medical result. I had official translation with Apostile stamps from Hungary. But the Algerian embassy refused to give us this marital capacity certificate without any reason. We couldn't marry without this document. Now, I am going back to Tunisia and we try it again.

If you have any other information, please let me know. Thanks.

@Hungary.Algeria8 Thank you so much for replying yes I have all the documents but I need my Marriage licence but it's hard cause Tunisia hasn't got a Australian Embassy here, Only The Canada Helps Australians so hopefully they will help us to get our Marriage Licence 🤞🏾

@lorrainew2700 There is not any written rule that an embassy can refuse to give us this document. Can you let me know if you get it? Maybe just the Algerian embassy use this way to prevent a marriage between a European-African couple.

Ok that sounds great 😊 And I really need this permit so I can marry my love 😔 Than we can start our process on he's Australian visa, If I find out anything I will let you know

@lorrainew2700 Yes, please keep in touch. I am flying to Tunisia tomorrow morning. Hope we can find the way to marry or get more information why and how an embassy can prevent our marriage.

Yes definitely I will keep in touch 😊 How wow hope you have a safe trip, Yes I really want to marry the love of my life 🥰 Wish it was so easy to Marry over here