Nightlife / Culture scene Valencia vs Barcelona

Hi all!

I'm a Canadian with EU citizenship, recently graduated from University and am ready to settle in Spain for the next little while! I speak Spanish well and could be fluent with some more practice/exposure and am hoping to get a bartending job (I have experience here in Canada). Sounds great right?!

But, I still can't quite decide if I want to settle in Valencia or Barcelona and considering I want to bring all my stuff to move I'd rather not travel around the country. Mostly I'm wondering how the nightlife compares between Barcelona and Valencia for an idea of job opportunities in bars, and the kinds of bars/clubs etc that are around what the scenes are.
It seems like Barcelona would offer more big clubs and faster paced night life, more varied and numerous events, but I'm not sure that would appeal to me as much as a more intimate, chilled but quality culture (arts/music)scene. I guess I'm asking about the general vibes of the night life and the practicality of finding work in bars.

Any info and opinions would be greatly appreciated! I'm not usually this indecisive but I've never been to either city and they both look so COOL its hard to make a move!

All I would say is get ready to learn Catalan as well as practicing your Spanish if going to Barcelona!