PEP Question

Hi Team,

i applied PEP on June15th and in company layoff happend last week of July and lost my job on 28th july. I have submitted all my documents to MOM for PEP application. Currently I am in STVP and got

it got 3 months.  Ep cancelled on 30th July.

what will happen to my PEP application? Any chance it can approved? I am interview and still I have not cracked it.

If anyone have gone through same phase please do share your experience.

any comments are Appreciated.

You could have applied PEP while you were on notice period because your EP is still valid.

Now, you are on STVP, technically you are not earning your salary, so MoM will consider your past salary base. Chances are there you may get PEP, depending on your past salary if base salary was higher. Good luck

@surya2k thank you for the input. It's almost 7th week and still pep under process. Will update here once I get the outcome. Thanks again

You should reach out MOM, because they have all the necessary documents and information with them. Now, you are the sponsor of your PEP so you should reach out them to get an update.

You should get your PEP before end of August otherwise it will be very difficult to get once new rules come in place w.e.f 01 Sep'23.

Hi @surya2k and team,

i am left with 6 days to complete 8weeks with PEP  process. Still havn't got any update from MOM. As of today I don't hold any job, Because of this getting delayed? Worst case MOM will update the status by 8weeks?

my short term visit visa is expiring in last week of sept. Please your thoughts or have been in this situation before.

thanks,

Jagadish

So, technically you have almost 2 months to find a JobsDB. The only hope is you find a sponsor that means to find a job so employer can apply EP. Meantime you can wait for your PEP result

Note: From 1 September 2023, the fixed monthly salary criteria for both existing EP holders and overseas foreign professionals will be raised to $22,500.

@surya2k

finally today my PEP got approved. Hopefully my job offer will be released soon. Thank you everyone and thanks @surya2k for all the inputs. Today I completed 8weeks (pep application)

many question please feel free to reach me. Thanks again all and all the best