Summer is almost over! Looking to make friends in Toronto :)

Hi there!

I recently moved to Toronto and would love to meet some new people.

A little bit about myself, I'm 24, very laid back, calm, and funny. I'm always trying to make people laugh. I've recently moved back to Canada (after leaving for a good 15 years) and would love to explore the city with some people this summer (which is almost over)!

I care very much about others who I trust and treat me like a true friend.  I can't emphasize that last part more, I tend to care about my friends sometimes a little too much haha.

I enjoy chilling with friends while drinking a beer socially.  We can chat on a patio or go to a bar to watch some sport games or play video games :)

Some other things I enjoy are:

I loooooooooooooooooove watching movies, going to concerts, going to museums or other educational recreation activities (haha the nerdy side of me), hanging out with friends, playing video games, and going outside to parks/walks/ etc. (Since it's finally nice and warm outside, but not much longer!).

I listen to all types of music but some of my favorite artist are Breaking Benjamin, Maroon 5, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimmy Eat World, the Strokes, Coldplay, Greenday, Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Three Days Grace, David Gray, and so many other artist.

I love watching comedy shows like The King of Queens, Seinfeld, the Office,Family Guy, Everybody Loves Raymond, South Park, American Dad, Yes Dear and many more.

Some of my favorite movies include The Dark Knight, Inception, Kung Fu movies (especially old school ones), office space, Borat, Leap Year, Eurotrip, Beerfest, Supertroopers, Underworlds and many more. I tend to love comedy, romance, action movies.

So basically, I would love to meet some new people to chill with. If I haven't bored you to death and you found something interesting about me, send me an email about yourself and we'll see where it goes from there :)

I'm brown (if that matters), but i'm open to all races/gender for friendships. I prefer someone around my age group 21-28ish :) I'm looking for friendship and nothing more.

Thanks!

Hello bhavik and welcome to Expat.com!

Nice introduction.:)

You should post an advert in Toronto classifieds > personals section/ friendship.

I hope it helps,
Harmonie.:)

hey there,

im somewhat new to the city and looking to make new friends as well.

email me if you'd like to chat or hang out :)

[email protected]

Hi Bhavik,

I moved from NYC to Toronto about two years ago too.  I had such a hard time making friends, but mostly I met people from my husbands friends.  Also, I made one friend from LSAT class at University of Toronto.

My husband's cousin just made the move from Delhi to Toronto to do his MBA at York University.  I'm pretty sure he wants to meet people and make friends as well.

Anyway, my husband and I are both brown, but he's a Torontonian and has a huge group of brownie friends. You're welcome to join us when we go out as a group.

Puneet

Hi Bhavik, MsButtersfield and Ms Businessexchange,

I have been in toronto since June last year, and am ever looking to meet up new people and expand my circle of friends.. I am Indian by nationality, who had lived in Europe (Austria, UK to be precise) for past 5 years before moving to Canada.. I like traveling, outdoors, music and movies (and am into meditational/spiritual pursuits if anyone interested in esoteric :) )..

Sam

I'm just going to copy and paste my reply to another similar post with Prateek

Sam, Bhavik,

I don't have much of a community of friends either.  Being married and all, it's hard to try to make friends especially with guys.  I just become friends with my husbands friends.  But I'd like to make my own. 

I was actually considering joining groups on Meetup.com. They have professional groups (I'm into running, reading, trying to write a book, checking out art galleries) I wish you guys were girls, so it would be a little easier.

I  guess the best thing to do is for everyone to pick an event, and suggest it, and have everyone just meet up there.  There's TIFF, but then there's other events happening all the time in downtown.  I'd probably come with my husband, who has a solid group of friends in Toronto.  Any suggestions?

Puneet

MsButtersfield wrote:

hey there,

im somewhat new to the city and looking to make new friends as well.

email me if you'd like to chat or hang out :)

[email protected]

Elizabeth I've added you on facebook.. My name is Serena.