Water wells

Anyone had experience with the 3” submersible pumps, I have a 38 Mt well, 19km from Prasat down 24 towards Prakhon chai, have had a Hitachi top pressure pump pushing down and sucking up a 3” bore hole for about 10 years now, but it's time to change, because every time I go back to the UK, the pump stops working, so plants don't get watered and die and I have to re-prime the bloody thing every time I come back or replace the pressure switch 4 x now bloody ants(so much for the irrigation)

Also we have almost had our new house built, which is about 25Mts away from the Well.

I've been told that a submersible pump would be much better, drop it down my existing bore hole, sorry undo the old pump and pull out the 2 x 11/4” pipes that go down what seems to be a 3” Blue plastic pipe.

I have had a 2000litre tank fitted on a platform about 2.5Mts high next to the bore hole, so that I can fill the tank from the well, then pipe the tank via a couple of 8 x 48” filter units to the house, fitting a electric circulating pump complete with pressure switch, either next to the filters to push the water or next to the house to pull the water, which ever is easiest or best, any ideas would be gratefully accepted

cheers

Cliff

Hi Cliff

Ten years you have done well, mine generally last about 5 years ive had two at my Buriram property.

We have a well that is about 40m deep with the pump dropped down the pipe. Not sure if its this type of pump only lasting five years or its our water etc.

We pump it as do you to a platform about 2.5m high, with two 2,000lit tanks. We then have a pump to supply the house and garden (house is about 30m from the tanks. The garden pipes go about 100m and pressure is fine. The secondary pump is just about ready to be replaced as its corroded but this is due to our hard water. We suffer very badly from limescale which over the years eats the chrome work on all taps and showers etc

No other major issues though We did sway the tanks last year as we wanted rainwater collection tanks for the garden so used the old ones for that and had new ones for water supply.

Hope this helps

Ian

Hi Ian

Thats one of the things, whether or not to change from the existing Hitachi well top pump to a New Submersible Torpedo type or keep like for like as the Hitachi is on its last legs now and I do not know which is better overhere,  obviously that will only be filling the water tank.

the other problem I seem to have is that the pressure in the new house is pretty crap,

Ive used a 2" pipe from the output of my tank down to ground level, then reduced down to 1" for the run to the back of the new house, which is about 25Mts then I've fitted a 1/2HP DAB secondary pump with electronic pressure switch and a further 2 x Matsuma 10" x 4" filters, one filled with carbon chips and the other with Resin, continued the 1" pipe right across the rear of the house, tapping off at certain points for the Kitchen supply the 2 x Bathroom supplies and a couple of External taps,

So not sure if the pump is strong enough, if I need to upgrade to a 1&1/2HP pump or if I need to move it from the back of the house to below the water tank

Thanks for the previous reply

Cheers

Cliff

@ibennett42

Hi Ian

From your Storage tank, what is the size and make of the circulating pump you use for supplying the water to your house?

as I'm sure the problem with my Dab pump is that it does not like the constant fluctuations of the supply voltage, over here

Cheers

Cliff

@Aryana Aryana

Hi

Well, there's been some changes since then, firstly I had a phone call from my neighbor, telling me that my Water tower platform had collapsed and that the Storage tank was basically at a 45degree angle, by the time I got back home, I found that half of the box steel sections for the floor of the tower had collapsed ripping out half of the plumbing pipes, with about 3/4 of the water flooding the area, as it was starting to go dark, I decided to check that the tank was ok and eventually managing to get the tank back upright on part of the floor that hadn't collapsed and left to access the damage caused in the morning,

The following morning found that the Wankers that had built the Water tower had only used 2 mm gauge box section for the base, I didn't notice as they had welded end caps on all the sections, so I wasn't surprised it had collapsed, with 2000L of water in it weighs over 2 tons, so much for bloody Thai builders, I should have known better than letting them build it while I wasn't there, my stupidity for Trust!. Anyway had the platform re-built using 4.2 mm gauge box section, with a couple of 100 mm box section upright supports fitted for good measure and re-plumbed, I know I will need to replace the Well pump as it's started to labor and I will go for a Submersible torpedo type, as you said they don't have the same priming problems as the Well top pumps, just not sure which will be best to purchase, then I'm sure the Italian DAB pump likes the continues fluctuations in the Supply voltages over here, so I think I will have to get a different pressure pump for circulating the water to the house and external taps, but again not sure which ones are any good over here and I don't want to bring another from the UK, any advice will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Cliff

Hello everyone,

Please note that some commercial posts have been removed.

Kindly avoid posting any form of advertising on the forum.

Regards,

Cheryl

Expat.com team