Need help - Contract related concern

Hi. I have a question. Hope you can help.

I am an expat and have signed a 2-year contract in a school here in indonesia. part of the contract says that if I dont finish it within 2 years, I need to pay all fees made by the company.

Now, I recommended a friend to work in the same school I am working now. we have the same 2-year contract. However, after a year of working, my friend decided to resign due to an opportunity in another country.

so here are my questions:

1.) Can the school force my friend to pay all the fees incurred as stipulated in the contract? Is my friend obliged to pay them?

2.) since I am the one who referred him to the company, will I be liable as well?

hoping to hear from you soon. thanks

NEVER sign a 2 year contract.

He does have a hope. Is his KITAS for 12 months?

Thanks for the reply. His Kitas will expire on a yearly basis. So it will expire on the same month he first entered indonesia.

@shanielpp sorry to bother you,

I hope your dealings run smooth. Always try to speak to them in a humble way, showing you are sorry that you have to leave.

May I ask what salaries will I expect if I am an Aussie English degree holder?

Thanks for the reply. His Kitas will expire on a yearly basis. So it will expire on the same month he first entered indonesia.
-@shanielpp

If he doesn't assist in the renewal so his KITAS runs out, he has to leave the country.

@shanielpp sorry to bother you,
I hope your dealings run smooth. Always try to speak to them in a humble way, showing you are sorry that you have to leave.
May I ask what salaries will I expect if I am an Aussie English degree holder?
-@Z00xy786

What sort of work are you looking for - Just English or other subjects as well?

If you have an appropriate degree you should be able to find work in an international school without too much of a problem.

Expect anything from 20 to 30 million/month in a real school.