ESL Job offer

Hi,

I am a 27 male from South Africa, Cape Town. I recently got a job offer in Turkey at a school called Soma Kars Private School. According to the school's website the school was established in 2004, however there are zero reviews on glassdoor from neither former workers nor parents that sent their children to the school. This serves as a big red flag to me. Also, the interview was conducted in a skype voice call due to network problems on their end.

This school is supposedly located at Merkez, Bayrampasa Caddesi, No:34035 D:no 104, Güngören/Istanbul, Turkey.

They want me to start working in April but I am just not convinced that this is legit, and I cannot leave my home country to be scammed far away from home.

Any information on the above would be highly appreciated.

It looks like a fake company / a scam. The map image shows an apartment building, which is the first flag. Then I looked the school's name up on the ministry of education (MEB in Turkey) website, but the school is not registered there and every institution has to be registered.

I looked at it on google street view and the building has no sign of a school located there. I mean what kind of school doesn't want to have some advertisements outdoors?

@globalenglish Thank you very much

@Greg Karelin definitely a scam

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1014240

It was busted as a scam in January. The moment they ask for money, it's confirmed as a scam

@Fred Thank you Fred

@Thandolwethu Ndabeni

I also received the same offer just yesterday and waiting for the interview.

@Thandolwethu Ndabeni

I also received the same email letter but yet to have the interview

Hello Bright Botwe,

Welcome to expat.com!

You've received the offer letter but no interview was conducted?

I also received the same offer just yesterday and waiting for the interview.

It's futile to wait for the interview since it's definitely a scam.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team