Tax Consultant For Personal Taxes

Looking for someone in the Tamarin/Flic/Riviere Noir area who consults on personal taxation, exemption and etc with expats in mind. Do not need a large multinational firm that specializes in businesses. Any leads with recommendations are welcome...I have a bunch of immigration related tax issues as relates to individuals, school fees exemptions ( or not) and the like.

@peterg123  I should expand a bit, maybe someone knows online here:

I have been looking for ways to preserve capital, as a retiree, from MU's 10 to 15% taxation regime. Brining money into MU when you are actually resident here makes it fall under the "in hand and remittance" nature of MU personal taxation. However if you use foreign credit cards, they do not fall under  MU remittance tax.

Same for a trust fund. Putting your foreign funds into a Mauritius  trust fund, the fund is treated as a corporation i.e. 15% tax rate or if exempt, when it remits to the benefactors, they get charged the 15% "cash in hand" regime. Or so I presume.

For example if you are not resident or domicled in certain EU countries, your dividends and capital gains income   etc are in some cases  tax  exempt. If you transfer those to MU, then you will be taxed 15% not on the capital gains, but when you get the money "in hand" as I understand it, if you are a retiree here.

It would seem to make better sense to keep as much of your money  outside MU as possible if it is already in a low tax or no tax regime and pay for nearly everything with a foreign  bank card. Of course this does apply to house rent for example, for that you would convert into rupees.

For retirees, the  15% income tax flat rate and no capital gains tax ( it is not true that there is no dividend tax in MU as far as I can tell it follows exactly the personal bands of 10-12- or 15%) look great if they are in countries that charge much more than that. Move capital here and pay much less than they would as residents of UK, for example. No death duties, inheritance tax, withholding tax and so on.

But from a Hong Kong or even Kenya perspective ( expats retired in Kenya with income outside Kenya pay no tax on it at all), moving  capital to MU is something I am not sure is an advantage.

Comments?

This is fairly useful   https://www.mra.mu/index.php/media-cent … ndividuals

@peterg123 Those as complex international tax questions you are dealing with. A few local Mauritian firms are dealing with those questions...

Hi Peter did you further forward on this? I am a returning resident of Mauritian origins looking for a tax person/company who can advise on my position. I'm also based in the Flic en Flac/Black River region.

Yes he is npt on Tamarin but well worth hje drive and fee. Pm me you nber I will call u

I just me him for consultation 2 days ago.

@peterg123

Hi Peter,

I'm trying to find some assistance for similar questions, can you advise who you have used please? 

Cheers,

Bob

@peterg123

Contact kailash on 5*** for all  personal taxes and find out about immigration he did my OP. And is reasonable.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@BobbyBurger Iwill have to send you a personal message I do have someone recommendable but I cannot post publicly here.

Sure what do u need to do that?